Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Oceania (Australia, New Zealand & the South Pacific) > Oceania (Australia, New Zealand & the South Pacific)
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on current exchange rate on behalf of Americans (student survey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Hey everyone,

I am really interested to find out whether the recent drop in the Australian Dollar is having an effect on the likelihood Americans will travel to Australia.
I am an Australian citizen currently studying in the United States and would greatly appreciate if you could take just a couple of minutes to take this survey.
Please note that I am only investigating opinions of Americans.

Here is the link:
https://ufl.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0rNtOPUCFZh44EB

Thank you so much,

Belinda.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
That counts me out.

I don't care what the exchange rate is.. I'll go on holidays!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
IMO the lead time on planning a vacation takes the exchange rate fluctuations out of the 'should I go to Australia' equation.

I just took a trip there and caught it near the recent bottom- but I started planning the trip in January 2015.

Maybe an ancillary question might be "do you spend MORE when you are there because your US$ go further?"
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
You do realize that AUD has appreciated v. USD so far in 2016, I hope...

I view a lower exchange rate as a nice side benefit but not really a major factor in considering where to go. I think it would only have a major impact in a dramatic case, e.g. when USDJPY was trading in the low 70s (which would make Japan dramatically overpriced, IMO).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.