Wiki Posts
Search

AFL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
AFL

I'll be heading down to AU the first week in May I plan to go to a couple of AFL games at the MCG. I'm looking at Essendon/Carlton on May 1 and Richmond/Hawthorn on May 6.

Typically, I've bought tickets online beforehand with ease but for some reason tickets seem to be hard to come by for both these games (especially Richmond/Hawthorn). I have found a few tickets available in less than desired sections and there are a couple on Ticketmaster resale for a premium.

I noticed that there seems to be some sort of club/team code that unlocks other tickets. I'm not sure if it is appropriate or not to ask but if anyone has one of these codes for either of these games or games to the MCG and would be willing on sharing it please PM me. Thanks and if this is not appropriate feel free to delete.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
Sorry can't help.

But if it was me I'd try Collingwood v Carlton at the MCG May 7th.

Floreat pica!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

I'd love to but heading back home on the 7th.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
Just hit the Get Tickets button - there it also a listing for "Public Reserve" in the same line as the Club Members.

You should just be able to continue on to purchase the tickets.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
Just hit the Get Tickets button - there it also a listing for "Public Reserve" in the same line as the Club Members.

You should just be able to continue on to purchase the tickets.
Yeah they aren't great seats. Was just seeing if someone had access to better ones
Old Apr 1, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
These are clubs with amongst the highest memberships in the AFL and the best seats are reserved for members of those clubs - many are pre-allocated seats for the entire year - or to members of the AFL.

Sunday afternoon timeslot is usually less popular. Richmond v Hawthorn should be a higher standard match though after what Richmond served up last night...

My team, Carlton, has a huge enmity with Essendon so the atmosphere may be pretty intense (which is great).
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I'm a Hawthorn supporter. You might not have the best seats in the house but if there is a big crowd at the G the atmosphere is fantastic. Don't worry. I've sat in some pretty crappy seats at the G and some good ones (front row 84 Grand Final) but I have never really worried about it because you are there enjoying the game and the cheering. Go Hawks.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

I was able to grab a pretty great seat for the Essendon game through Ebay. Still trying for the Hawthorn game.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I was able to grab a pretty great seat for the Essendon game through Ebay. Still trying for the Hawthorn game.
Why buy from ebay?
Why not buy direct from the authorised ticket seller? Go to www.afl.com.au
Most people walk up the footy ground and buy admission at the gate.
Very few games, other than the September finals, sell out.
Collingwood vs Essendon can go close to a sell out the MCG (~90,000 plus capacity)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 14, 2016 at 5:41 pm
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

I got a great deal through eBay and was ensured an aisle seat. There are very few seats available through the link your provided and they are in poor sections. Why not buy through eBay?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
If you're going once to get the feel of an AFL game who cares what you pay. You'll have great memories if it is a block buster.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:31 am
Original Poster

I've been to a dozen or so games so it's not my first time. I don't have a problem buying a seat at really any price to get into the stadium but as I only get to go a few times per year if I'm lucky I'd like to get as good of a seat as possible. I've sat pretty much everywhere at the games I've been to.

Keep in mind your hearing from an American who is travelling for work and this is the highlight of my trip! I'd much rather go to an AFL game than our American NFL games. The game is just much more exciting in my opinion and I love the athleticism! Oh and I can't wait for a pie!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I am an AFL member (Hawthorn supporter actually).

(don't go to most night footy).

I can get you seating on level 'N' e.g. N23 - on the wing with a great view, but unlikely aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.