Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Royal Easter Show / Blue Mountains (with kids)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Sydney Royal Easter Show / Blue Mountains (with kids)

My upcoming visit to Sydney overlaps with the second week of the Royal Easter Show. We will be in Sydney 5 days (or 4 days if we spend a night in/near Katoomba), and then we are off to Tassie.

I've read mixed reviews of the Royal Easter Show. Is it worth a visit? Does it get really crowded? Long lines/queues? Standing room only for shows? I'm thinking about visiting on Easter Sunday or Monday or the last day (30 March). My kids are well traveled but have never been on a working farm. We would enjoy seeing some of the farm-related events and a few of the Carnival rides, but not if there are crazy crowds.

I was also planning an overnight trip to the Blue Mountains. The Giant Stairway looks cool, and I recall liking Katoomba from my solo visit there years ago. However, we are also planning 7-10 days in Tasmania, where I have some hiking and camping planned.

Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
The westies ruined the Easter Show. I haven't been since it was stolen. That being said, I used to love the Show. It's the equivalent of a state fair in the US. I wouldn't go for the rides and the showbags, but the agricultural aspects to it are great. My grandparents would take my sister and I every year and we'd spend almost all our time in the produce and livestock areas.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I love the animal side of the show, particularly the animal nursery where you can feet baby animals. Lots of things to see that are farm related. I also love the wood chop. The crowds are big but manageable as the show grounds are so huge. Also, depends on the weather. I probably wouldn't go on the last day as things are winding down then. Catch public transport to the show.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: Some
+1 for the agricultural side of the show. Much more interesting than rides and showbags even as a child.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.