Wiki Posts
Search

Great hotel/B&B in Blue Mountains Area?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Great hotel/B&B in Blue Mountains Area?

Im planning to add a day or so to a trip to Sydney in order to visit the Blue Mountains.

Would like a recommendation for a great hotel for ONE night. Great view, quiet room primary factors. Fine dining for dinner after a long day of hiking would be a plus. Will be heading out after breakfast.

Any recommendations?

Flexible on location as we will have a car.

Katoomba seems the largest concentration.. Fairmont? Echoes Boutique Hotel? Any special B&Bs??

While we are at it, and special restaurants we might consider for dinner? (Im fine with a decent meal at the hotel, but if there is a truly special dining experience, lets do it!)

Thanks in advance...

PS Cant see Emirates Wolgan Valley for just one night, arriving late and leaving after breakfast.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum, VA Velocity
I guess it depends on your budget. If you want to spend about $200 to $250 (Australian) a night, you should consider the Mountain Heritage. We have stayed there a couple or so times and always enjoyed it and found it good value. If you do stay there, be sure to choose the option for a room with mountain views when booking ... costs a bit more but well worth it!

Last edited by glazfolk; Nov 6, 2015 at 1:06 am
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum, VA Velocity
PS I'm reluctant to recommend restaurants to people because so much is subjective. One man's meat ....

That said I wouldn't "unrecommend" the restaurant there - service good, food fine for what it is, reasonable prices. When we were there, it wasn't the most stunningly inspired or imaginative menu we've ever seen, but that needn't be a bad thing.

Check out their web site if you like:
http://www.mountainheritage.com.au/index.php
Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Thanks. I had seen that hotel referenced before but for the life of me couldnt remember.

The restaurant 1928 looks interesting too. They run a small B&B but the room views seem local (not valley)

Lets hope Thedocta drops in, his home turf as I recall....
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Lilianfels or Echoes would be the best, down near Echo Point.

Dave
Old Nov 7, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage, QFF, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Have no recent experience, but the revamped Hydro Majestic at Medlow Bath may suit.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:03 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by jacksondisuja
It was very beautiful hotel . I think its under your budget . can you tell me that how much time you want to spend this place .
What property are you talking about?

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.