Wiki Posts
Search

A few questions for my trip to Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bibbju
I used this company for a day trip to the Blue Mountains from Sydney. Rob (the co-owner with his wife) is a great guy and I was pleased to support a local, small but growing business. It was a great trip and I definitely recommend it:

http://www.bluediamondtours.net
Awesome, bibbju! Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by 869
5) All restaurant recommendations appreciated!
Sydney Local Eats
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by secondsoprano
To be clear, my last post was talking about the mountains (Katoomba) train.
And the comments still stand, you CAN'T book a seat on these trains, you just rock up and buy a ticket ($8.80 each way) and then there are trains every hour (more frequent in the peak).

The only trains to Katoomba which require reservations are the Dubbo XPT and the Broken Hill Xplorer, and they don't allow passengers to travel purely Sydney-Katoomba and v.v.).

Dave
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by 869
Fortunately, I have two friends of friends flying out that night that each qualify for +1! However, as a OWE, I could also book a refundable flight out on QF that night.
Once you have checked in to your flight and gotten your boarding pass to get you in to the lounge. If you cancel it, don't you think that that info will show up on the lounges computers. Also, I am sure someone else said this and others said it won't work. Can you get a refund on a ticket that you have checked in with?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Once you have checked in to your flight and gotten your boarding pass to get you in to the lounge. If you cancel it, don't you think that that info will show up on the lounges computers. Also, I am sure someone else said this and others said it won't work. Can you get a refund on a ticket that you have checked in with?
Yes, you can and its not as unusual as you might think. The latest I've cancelled a flight was during boarding, I just went back to the lounge, told them I couldn't take the flight and they unloaded me and cancelled the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.