Search

Lax to nan ( nadi Fiji) [using UA miles]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Lax to nan ( nadi Fiji) [using UA miles]

I have united miles.
I want to fly DIRECT to Nadi, Fiji.
Fiji Airways flies direct from LAX to NAN. However, Fiji Airways is not in any airline alliance.
But they do have a codeshare agreement with Air New Zealand. Air New Zealand is a United partner. Weird thing is this flight shows codeshare on ITA but not on United or Air New Zealand's flight search.
Would it be possible to give United the Air New Zealand code share flight # (operated by Fiji Airways) and book this flight with miles?
Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 2kvfr800
I have united miles.
I want to fly DIRECT to Nadi, Fiji.
Fiji Airways flies direct from LAX to NAN. However, Fiji Airways is not in any airline alliance.
But they do have a codeshare agreement with Air New Zealand. Air New Zealand is a United partner. Weird thing is this flight shows codeshare on ITA but not on United or Air New Zealand's flight search.
Would it be possible to give United the Air New Zealand code share flight # (operated by Fiji Airways) and book this flight with miles?
Thanks in advance!
No.
But you can book with AA or AS miles.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: NZ Koru
1. NZ doesn't make award seats available for codeshare services.

2. NZ releases very limited reward space to members of *A, only its own members are able to book any seat any flight.

If you want to goto an Pacific Island from LAX (directly) your only option would be Rarotonga (RAR) in the Cook Island. NZ has an weekly (and twice weekly in peak) service directly from LAX.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:44 am

Your best option would be from LAX -> AKL -> NAN which you could book using miles

The Air New Zealand codeshare flight with FJ is only available to book with "real" money and even NZ "Airpoints" (NZ version of miles) can't be used to book that codeshare service
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by henrus
Your best option would be from LAX -> AKL -> NAN which you could book using miles
Note that NZ doesn't open up many if any rewards on LAX-AKL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.