Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Queenstown Airport (ZQN) judged worlds best approach.

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S
Queenstown Airport (ZQN) judged worlds best approach.

Queenstown Airport has won World's Most Stunning Airport Approach according to Private Fly.

And this youtube video shows why you always want a window seat when arriving ZQN. Stunning Queenstown approach in low cloud.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:48 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
I knew it was going to be that mr good views you tube video before I even clicked on it!! I've watched that over and over. Love that he chose the song 'paradise' as well so fitting!
Old May 12, 2015, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S
There aren't many good videos of Queenstown approach, particularly from the cockpit. That video is miles above the rest. We need to train a few AirNZ pilots on how to make decent videos

This could have been a fantastic video, the same approach on a mostly clear day.. a better camera, and a better suction cup would've gone a long way
Old May 12, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Tell me that wasn't the winning best approach video!!! Haha! What a fumble!

True though much better day. Looked like his last right hand turn was a lot further away from the looming mountain than mr good views.

I can't talk about photography, I get too much wing, but was inspired enough to have the camera clicking out of Queenstown. My pics are far from FT worthy. Taking nephews down later in the year, hoping for smooth flight (1 gets motion sickness) and for great weather for views. I'm surprised Air NZ don't get more cockpit shots/video for advertising. Missed opportunity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.