Wiki Posts
Search

Things to do in and around Noosa

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Things to do in and around Noosa

I'm going to be in Noosa for 4 nights in early June. What are the awesome things that are not to be missed while I'm in this area?
Old May 12, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Fraser Island is a bit further north. Worlds largest sand island (but at the end of the day still looks like an island). Informative tour, it's nice, pretty. But not stunningly beautiful. I didn't get to go as far north as I wanted though, only did day tour. The sand is really nice and I think we did a bit of a bush walk. Lunch at a motel place. Saw Dingoes, didn't see snakes (which I'm happy about). Old shipwreck to stop by. Short flight which is extra over the island. Take off and land on beach, maybe sat 6?? Maybe $75 for 15 min? Was ok. I needed a day out so enjoyed it but if pushed for time I wouldn't say you HAD to go.

Noosa itself has a really nice vibe - as long as you're not there on say Easter weekend where it's jam packed bordering on ridiculous. The beach, the town, the waterways, relax
Sunshine Coast is south of noosa which is a nice drive if you need to get out for the day. I think it's only 2hrs drive to brisbane but I'd rather hang out in noosa. Maroochydore is part of the Sunshine Coast, bit more built up with motels, apt but not as bad as the Gold Coast. Still a nice vibe but not as good as noosa. Australia zoo - from the Steve Irwin days is driving distance.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
The headlands at Noosa are really nice, and the walks are pretty well signed, so I'd recommend planning to do that for at least a few hours.

If you're into diving, Rainbow Beach (just before Fraser Island) has some great dives, or south on the sunshine coast there's a really good wreck dive (HMAS Brisbane)
Old May 12, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I was there 10 years back... Rented a 4x4 and did some exploring. Don't remember the name of the beach but it was like 50miles from entry to the next exit..had an absolute blast. Me and a work buddy.

I remember the guy at the rental counter warning me about radar speed checks and sobriety check points ON the beach... "goddamn un-australian if you ask me..."

He also pointed out the lack of Insurance cover if I put the car in the ocean.

Last edited by Exec_Plat; May 26, 2015 at 4:45 pm
Old May 19, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
As someone who heads to Noosa every year...mainly to sit on the beach.

I second the Headland walks. There are 4 different ones. the No 2 walk will take you around the coast where you might see dolphins and, if you're lucky, whales in the distance at that time of year. Sea turtles too. If you are up for a long walk, head down to Alexandra Bay and then keep walking along the beach to Sunrise Beach where you can have a drink/lunch at the Surf Club.
There's plenty of fishing charters in and around Noosa and the Noosa River.
There's a ferry up the river.
International standard golf courses abound.
Australia Zoo to see crocodiles
Eumundi markets for a browse and a bargain
The beach itself, best spots are in front of the Life Saving club or a short walk around to the family friendly and safe swimming beach of Little Cove.
As per above, Fraser Island if you have the time.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage, QFF, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Food-wise, there are several fine restaurants in Noosa.
Wasabi, Sails, Season, Noosa Beach House (in the Sheraton).
Wasabi the best for food, Sails the best food/location combo.
Also really great is The Long Apron near Montville in the hinterland.
If you drive to a restaurant be careful of drinking & driving, the
limit here is only .05 with lots of random breath testing.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:15 am
Original Poster

This is all good info. I'm staying at the Sheraton, so I'll be visiting a number of those restaurants and walking the heads at least once.

Thanks All!
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:41 am
Original Poster

I thoroughly enjoyed our few days in Noosa. We did walk out to Hells Gate, it's about 4km each way from the hotel. Next time, I would wear something better than sandals!

The Eumundi market was a fun few hours. I didn't know I needed so many ironing board covers!

The food here is great, and gluten free is available for almost everything except the meat pies - although a local brand does have them, just not in Noosa Heads.

Sails runs a coffee bar on their deck until 11am, before opening for lunch. We've been there every day this week. It's a great spot to watch the surfers.

I would heartily recommend anyone coming to visit here. The Sheraton is a nice enough place to stay too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.