Wiki Posts
Search

Daytrips from Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:59 am
azj
Original Poster

Daytrips from Sydney

My family and I will be in Sydney for 6 days/5 nights and on at least one of the days we'd like to venture out of the city and perhaps checkout the Blue Mountains. Featherdale might be of interest as well. Any suggestions on tour companies? Tours seem rather pricey, so is this sort of day trip doable on our own with no hired car?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: AA
I traveled solo, and it's certainly possible and not at all difficult. Absolutely no need for a tour company. I left Sydney by train to Katoomba, walked (downhill) to see the Three Sisters, then hiked the adjacent Prince Henry Cliff Walk to Leura, and took the train back to Blacktown and Featherdale before returning to Sydney. It's an easy day trip. Get as early a start as possible to get in ahead of the tours. (Though when I went, there was extremely dense fog and there were very few people around anyway).

From the Blacktown station to Featherdale, I took a bus, but would recommend a taxi for your family. Faster and probably more economical. It's not that far.

Last edited by backprop; Feb 18, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look at the sticky thread above your post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocean...ggestions.html
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:50 pm
azj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Look at the sticky thread above your post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocean...ggestions.html
Opps! Sorry, didn't see the sticky there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.