Wiki Posts
Search

Air Tahiti Inter-Island flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Hello all,

I'll be going on my honeymoon to the French Polynesia later this year. I'm trying to figure out the interisland flights.

My itinerary is PPT->MOZ->BOB->PPT.

I couldn't find the source, but I read somewhere that it's cheaper to buy the inter-island tickets at the air tahiti office in person in PPT, than to book online beforehand. Does anyone have experience with this?

Right now my plan is take the ferry from PPT to MOZ, and booking the rest with inter-island flights. There's also the Air Tahiti passes, which seem pretty good but I can't find any information about them other than on the Air Tahiti website. I was able to see the price, but not book it.

I look forward to any input. Thanks.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG

Hi,

I don't know if I can be of much help to you, but I did the same itinerary in 2013 on my honeymoon. Not sure of your flight timing, but we landed near midnight in PDT, stayed the night in a hotel to get some sleep. Woke up, had breakfast then took the high speed ferry to Moorea which was only 30-40 minutes. Flight vs ferry I would guess is the same time and the ferry was comfortable. Not sure I would try to buy tickets in person, unless you have flexible plans. I recall our flight from Moorea to Bora Bora was full (middle of may). Personally, but your choice obviously, I would not want to waste anytime on the island dealing with tickets and would rather explore or relax at the resort.

Might I suggest you post your question on TripAdvisor? Lots of experts over there. Enjoy your trip!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:03 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You are probably thinking of the multi-island fares which do save about 30% on regular fares. See https://www.airtahiti.com/multiisland-fares and do book in advance, as some routes sell out for days at a time ... can you afford to be 3 days late? Remember that French Polynesia is maybe the most expensive part of the world for tourism.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: *G, AB Gold, EY Gold, Hilto Diamond, SPG Gold
Hi Roudrani, hope you had a fantastic honeymoon!

Did you end up booking ahead of time or on Tahiti? I'm planning a trip for later this year and have the same question you had.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I have not used it, but learned from a girl in Tahiti when I was there that the inter-island airpass is an excellent value.

https://www.airtahiti.com/multiisland-fares

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.