gold coast marathon which hotel to stay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:01 am
Original Poster

gold coast marathon which hotel to stay

planning to do marathon at http://goldcoastmarathon.com.au/
gold coast airport marathon

which hotel to recommend?

distance, free shuttle, walking distance?

what to do beyond marathon

any advice welcome
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: VAG
What a question! There's hundreds of hotels on the Gold Coast. You haven't given us anything to narrow it down (price range? geographical area? things that are important to you?) and what you have given us ("distance, free shuttle, walking distance?") is incomprehensible.

So I'm gonna go ahead and say you should definitely stay at (rolls dice) the Hilton. Ooh, nice. Hope that fits your unspecified budget and geographical constraints!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jorgen
What a question! There's hundreds of hotels on the Gold Coast. You haven't given us anything to narrow it down (price range? geographical area? things that are important to you?) and what you have given us ("distance, free shuttle, walking distance?") is incomprehensible.

So I'm gonna go ahead and say you should definitely stay at (rolls dice) the Hilton. Ooh, nice. Hope that fits your unspecified budget and geographical constraints!
here is the race map. it seems to start nearby Southport
walking distance from hotel to the starting point would be nice

i have rewards nights with Marriot, Holiday Inn, Wydham group, Accor group
so if have those nearby is fine

i can also stay at budget B&B
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:23 am

We stayed at the host hotel, the Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, last year. It is walking distance to the Expo, and the free shuttle to the Start/Finish stopped across the street. Also, walking distance to the commercial area and to a street fair. A nice pool area with two whirlpools, and a block to the beach. I think it was $225/night for a good-sized room for four. If you have IHG points, they might be an option. The race was great. I can't comment on other hotels, but as a host hotel, this one worked.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:54 pm

I am staying at Sheraton . Is there a shuttle that goes near hotel ? Is there a transportation to a Gold Coast center? Staying 3 nights. Any suggestions on actives?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.