Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FC Sydney Match Seating Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Sydney FC Match Seating Question

I will be in Australia this November and am looking to buy tickets to see a Sydney FC match while in Sydney (November 15 against Melbourne, if that matters).

I'd like to get 2 Platinum Plus seats and when I go to purchase them off Ticketek, the website gives me seats in Section 34, Row EE. Looking at the seating chart (which was way harder to find than it should have been), Section 34 Platinum Plus seating is up from the Silver seating.

My question is, why are the "better" seats further away from the pitch? Not sure why, but I am having a difficult time finding info on the various seats at the stadium. I don't mind paying extra for "better" seats, I just want to make sure they truly are better.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, is Ticketek the best place to buy tickets?

Last edited by DougDons; Oct 3, 2014 at 10:29 am
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:15 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by DougDons

My question is, why are the "better" seats further away from the pitch? Not sure why, but I am having a difficult time finding info on the various seats at the stadium. I don't mind paying extra for "better" seats, I just want to make sure they truly are better.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, is Ticketek the best place to buy tickets?
The reason is because of the elevation; the closer you are to the pitch, the lower you are. This makes viewing of action on the far wing difficult. The further back you are, the higher you are.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
The reason is because of the elevation; the closer you are to the pitch, the lower you are. This makes viewing of action on the far wing difficult. The further back you are, the higher you are.
Those seats are also covered but you're right it's all about view. The seats at the SFS (and especially at Homebush) are not very sloped so being down the front even a few rows up doesn't afford a very good view. Lang Park is the best for this, but its design is based on Old Trafford.

There isn't much choice when it comes to buying tickets, which is why Ticketek can get away with such extortionate fees as charging you $5.25 to email your ticket to you; there is no free way to receive your ticket.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by bensyd
Those seats are also covered but you're right it's all about view. The seats at the SFS (and especially at Homebush) are not very sloped so being down the front even a few rows up doesn't afford a very good view. Lang Park is the best for this, but its design is based on Old Trafford.

There isn't much choice when it comes to buying tickets, which is why Ticketek can get away with such extortionate fees as charging you $5.25 to email your ticket to you; there is no free way to receive your ticket.
Forgot about the fact the front rows aren't covered.

Daylight robbery is probably putting it lightly when it comes to those extra fees...outrageous.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback!

As for the fees, I just come to expect the ticket price isn't the all-in price, no matter the sport, concert, or show. Oh well I guess...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.