I have a LAN flight from AKL (early am) next year

Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
I have a LAN flight from AKL (early am) next year

to SYD.
Does anyone on here know exactly what time that roller gate at AKL airport opens, no, not the gate to the airport, but the gate near the Smartgate and passport area, upstairs.
Wanted to use the QP at AKL, but if LAN8** leaves at 6am, and the gate opens at 5.15am, that does not leave a lot of time ot use the QP.
Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: QF
It's been quite a while since I've been to AKL, however it used to open at 5am, and you could always spot the LAN flyers, they where the ones hanging around the immigration gates looking nervously at their watches.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

I have used LAN once before, on an award redemption, no access to the QP at that time, ... but so be it, if I don't have time.
Maybe next next trip to AKL, I will get the QF op by JetConnect later on in the day return to SYD or MEL.
Did the Manaia Lounge in CHC, (umm was my impression) so that was it??? was my impression.
Thanks Harvy.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Its been years since I've flown that early out of AKL but used to open around 4:30am if lucky, 5:00am if not. The QF lounge generally opens same time as the gate. However, boarding for the LA flight is called very early (an hour before departure is not unusual).
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:21 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
I am on the flight on Thursday. I will let you know (assuming it's not late). I have sat outside and waited for that roller gate to open a few times now, but cannot recall at the moment what the opening times were.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Like I said, I joined the QP a bit earlier this year, but the way that AKL int deps are set up, its a pity that the aiprort could'nt open at 4am for the 6am dep.
I want to try the QPs around the region, Au & NZ, but if the roller gate opens late, then there is not that much time to "inspect" the QP at AKLi.
Thanks for the "keeping track" Pbl22.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
I was at the gate at exactly 4:30am this morning and they were already open. There also seemed to be a number of people already being processed through security, so the gate must have been open for at least 5-10mins.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks Pbl22.
Bit late, in the reply, but in the end, I used up some points, some $ to get a Virgin and Air NZ flight ADL to SYD to AKL, stay overnight, and then get the 13.10pm or 13.40pm QF AKL to MEL to ADL.
Some points from VGW and QCC came through, so enough points to get the cost of flight down, and have booked it, so will get to try the QP in AKL for an early lunch, or a lunch entry.
But will still do the LAN one next year, so thanks for the reply.
Will try the QP breakfast then, (next year that is).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.