Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving Brisbane airport after going to the Qantas lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Leaving Brisbane airport after going to the Qantas lounge?

I'm flying LAX-BNE-AKL with a 12 hour layover in Brisbane. I know that's plenty of time, and I have a NZ passport so there shouldn't be any visa issues. But after getting off my flight from LA I would like to take a shower at the Qantas lounge. I haven't had to do this elsewhere before, but most airports send passengers who need to clear immigration in the opposite direction to those who are transiting.

If I head to the lounge after getting off my flight, am I then able to leave the airport, or is immigration etc cutoff from that part of the airport?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: QF
Do you have status? If you are platinum you can make your way over to the DOM terminal and use the business lounge there for a shower before spending the day in BNE.

If you are not platinum, your pretty much out of luck. There is no way to access the JLounge at BNE Int without then hoping onto an international flight.

If you try and go through transit go to the lounge and then exit you'll prob get customs annoyed with you.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: QF, VA
Sure, it's not the Qantas Lounge, though BNE Airport does have public showers that can be used by pax free of charge. http://www.bne.com.au/facility-locations
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Sweet, thanks Kevrosmith!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: QF, VA
Just keep in mind, being public showers, your handle namesake (itchyfeet) may just come true!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by kevrosmith
Just keep in mind, being public showers, your handle namesake (itchyfeet) may just come true!
Peck your jandals, eh bro.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by bensyd
Peck your jandals, eh bro.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA plt,Ltgold
What did the OP end up doing? Would like to hit the lounge before heading out.
We have the same flights and have Qantas lounge access.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:30 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You are of course allowed to leave departures even when it is international and the terrorist threat level has been raised. You may be profiled as a drug runner or terrorist and subject to scrutiny either prior to departing the airport, while in Australia, or when taking your international flight for real. How much hassle varies from little to intense, so it is a good question whether lounge access is worth. It is never none, as you are going against the flow I've done it a few times at various airports around the world and would advise caution. Using the QF domestic lounge is far easier but requires QF WP status to access without a flight departure from that terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.