El Questro experience

Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:41 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
El Questro experience

I am considering El Questro in the Kimberleys. This is a million acre homestead in an iconic location; anyone stayed there or have opinions on whether it is worth the price and effort?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
I haven't stayed at the homestead, but travelled through the area and stayed at the camping ground there a number of years ago. The homestead is regularly ranked up in the top 50 or so places to stay in the world. Yes, it is a unique experience with quite a few famous people escaping to there. It is in the middle of nowhere - the country is about as remote and unforgiving as it can get without being desert. I understand that the fishing trips and the helicopter flights in/out are awesome.

You could combine it with a cruise in the Kimberlys, such as this one:
http://www.ladymcruising.com/

The Bungle Bungles and the Argyle Diamond Mine are two places well worth visiting if you are up that end of the world.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.