Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long queues entering security / immigration at SYD T1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:29 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Long queues entering security / immigration at SYD T1

The private schools started their vacation.

Oddly enough there is a much higher percentage of private school kids jetting off than a week later when the public or government schools go on vacation.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:39 pm

Not all private schools in Sydney started that early; quite a few only started a couple of days earlier on the Wednesday or Thursday.

My SIL flew out of Sydney last Monday evening and had no issues with queues and we flew out last Thursday evening and had no issues (with queues - flight delays were an entirely different story!) either. No queues coming back in on the return last night either.

Perhaps we were just extremely lucky?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by AnnaBeth
Not all private schools in Sydney started that early; quite a few only started a couple of days earlier on the Wednesday or Thursday.

My SIL flew out of Sydney last Monday evening and had no issues with queues and we flew out last Thursday evening and had no issues (with queues - flight delays were an entirely different story!) either. No queues coming back in on the return last night either.

Perhaps we were just extremely lucky?
No, it does seem to be erratic (by which I mean unpredictable) at Sydney Airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.