How long from AKL airport to city?

Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
How long from AKL airport to city?

Have 2.5 hour layover and was wondering whether chance to go to city for a quick walk around before heading back to airport
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I wouldn't risk it. It takes at least 30 minutes to get into the CBD, and can take longer depending on traffic. There's a mall near the airport and even a vinyard (I think) if you want to do some wine tasting.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Leumas
I wouldn't risk it. It takes at least 30 minutes to get into the CBD, and can take longer depending on traffic. There's a mall near the airport and even a vinyard (I think) if you want to do some wine tasting.
Vinyard sounds great! Anyone have details?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
http://www.villamaria.co.nz/about-us...-door/auckland
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!!
Have to love FT community!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:15 am

I've always wondered if that vineyard had a specific jet fuel infused tasting wine :P

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.