Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US to Cook Islands

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

US to Cook Islands

I am looking for a flight from the US to the Cook Islands.
Air New Zealand offers a flight from LAX to Rarotonga on Sunday, but the business seats kind of suck.
Any other suggestions? Would need to be a *A partner.
Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Only one *A carrier flies into Rarotonga and it's NZ. Given the relative remoteness of the Cook Islands from North America, I'd take the direct flight on NZ from LAX, although I'm not sure of the specifics on why you're unhappy with the NZ business seats, but you may not have much choice.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Who else would fly into rarotonga outside of the *A directly from LAX?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As above Cook Island is small. Its a country with little money
Google is your friend: search for the Cook Island airport web site and look who fly's there: answer will be not many.

Your other thread for reference: your expectations are very high
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...ard-seats.html
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:34 pm

According to ITA... Noone...

You could fly via AKL and get Business Premier LAX-AKL at least... but if it's an award redemption you are looking at be advised those seats are rather difficult to get by all accounts!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
According to ITA... Noone...

You could fly via AKL and get Business Premier LAX-AKL at least... but if it's an award redemption you are looking at be advised those seats are rather difficult to get by all accounts!
Air New Zealand has a $1,000 business class fare each way. That isn't bad for a 9 hour flight, however, the seats don't look too good. AKL adds travel time, but might be good for a stop for 2 days, then Cook for 9 days or so.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by surftb15
Air New Zealand has a $1,000 business class fare each way. That isn't bad for a 9 hour flight, however, the seats don't look too good. AKL adds travel time, but might be good for a stop for 2 days, then Cook for 9 days or so.
Also know the price different LAX-AKL starts at $4610 oneway in Business Class.

The 767 still provides a 50" seat pitch & large recline.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 1:24 am

I've flown on the ANZ B763 a few times in Business Premier including a KIX-AKL flight that's pretty long for the 767-300 but it's quite comfortable but I am 5'6 so it would depend on your height and et cetera...

If I was you and it cost the same I'd route via Auckland and enjoy a short stopover and explore Kiwi-land a little bit .
Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

I can either use miles or pay cash. Aukland route looks fun!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Update:
I really would like to go to Auckland. Abot how many days can you spend there without getting too bored? I am more interested in the surfing off of Cook Islands, but there is plenty of surf in Auckland as well.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Abot how many days can you spend there without getting too bored?
3 days without venturing into the surrunding areas
Old May 1, 2012, 10:51 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Update:
I really would like to go to Auckland. Abot how many days can you spend there without getting too bored? I am more interested in the surfing off of Cook Islands, but there is plenty of surf in Auckland as well.
People live there for 80 years without getting bored.
Old May 2, 2012, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
People live there for 80 years without getting bored.
I will believe that, I've been to NZ a few times and always find something new and fun to do and it's so beautiful there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.