Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Side trip suggestions for IAH to PER trip?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Side trip suggestions for IAH to PER trip?

We are trying to plan a 3-week trip to visit family in Perth, Australia at the end of this year (leaving Houston IAH). Does anyone have a suggestions for a 1-week side trip on the return trip? Airline and miles aren't as important as price and convenience. We are traveling with a 2 year old who's only been on a 4-hour plane ride once, so more than 2 stops coming or going would be too much. I know that Emirates is the cheapest and least number of stops right now, but Dubai as a side trip is not really appealing. Auckland would be nice but the flights I found were expensive. Any suggestions would be so helpful.

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Sydney or Melbourne?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:20 am

Hawaii?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:32 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
From IAH it is probably better to go eastbound, SQ to SIN pops to mind. This allows stopovers in a large number of destinations, either Europe or SE Asia, if SIN doesn't meet your taste. But price will vary wildly with stopovers, it might be cheaper on separate tickets as SIN-PER-SIN tends to be pretty cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.