Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVED: Transfer time Sydney airport international > domestic

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: United 1K MM, QR Platinum
United - Air New Zealand connection in SYD

Hi, we are arriving from SFO into SYD at 0810 travelling in first with checked bags and have booked on the same ticket a connecting flight leaving 0945 on Air New Zealand for Auckland. The agent confirmed this is a valid connection but any other advice would be appreciated. thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:14 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Easy connection and no problem, as all the problems in the first post of this thread does not apply. You connect in the same (international) terminal, stay in transit, bags are interlined, and UA can issue the BPs for the NZ flight at SFO. As long as UA is less than an hour late you will make it; worst case you miss the SYD-AKL flight and take the next one a couple of hours later, having to make do with the stellar NZ lounge at SYD (poor compared to QF F lounge, but wonderful by UA standards).
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, QR Platinum
That's really helpful many thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The problem is International - Domestic (or vice versa, albeit a bit less) to process all the formalities, turn baggage back in (sometimes you can, sometimes I have had to schlep it to domestic) and take the landside coach around the airport end (which will take longer if there is construction going on) etc.

Three hours is the minimum I would allot for this. (My usual connections have been SYD International to MEL, ADL, CNS, BNE or TSV.)
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a more current thread here:- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ocean...er-thread.html

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 23, 2015 at 11:55 pm Reason: redacted misposted post quote
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please use the current thread.

Thank you.

JDiver
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.