Wiki Posts
Search

Verizon in Bora Bora?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Verizon in Bora Bora?

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has tried using their VZW phone(s) in Bora Bora. Apparently, there's GSM voice coverage on most of Tahiti and a portion of Moorea (according to VZW's map of coverage). I don't see Bora Bora on the map so I assume it's not covered.

In either case, what's the least expensive SIM/service if I want to just make emergency calls while in Bora Bora, etc?

I know there's VINI, but I don't want to pay $50 as I'd intend for this to be strictly an emergency/short contact type of thing.

I've stumbled across Mobal and that seems like a pretty decent option. I have the HTC Ozone, so I should be good on the phone-side.

Any advice or thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:05 pm

I often use my Australian phone in French Polynesia (Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, etc) and have coverage everywhere. Occasionally the signal strength fluctuates but no more/less than any main city.

Looking at the VZW website they do have coverage in French Polynesia so I would say you would be fine in Bora Bora.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
My GSM phone works phone in both Papeete and Bora Bora. Didn't try using data but voice and txt are fine. Enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.