Search

seats with Korean Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2009, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, CO GE, AA Plat, Hyatt Pla, HH Gold, Hertz PC
seats with Korean Airlines

Actually I have two separate questions.
1. Can I choose my own seat on KE flights on award ticket booked using WP miles?
I have never been able to even to see my itinerary at KE website using KE record locator # on award tickets.
2. Can I purchase award tickets for my parents on Thai Airways using one of the partner Star Alliance member airline miles?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:55 am

As to #1, yes. I did some a few days ago by phoning their US 800 #. I -think- that ST status plays a role, which in your case is covered. The only way I was able to confirm that these were in fact done was to check after the fact on XP. I am unable to see the seat diagrams on either NW or KE, even with a KE confirmation #.

Last edited by alien; Aug 14, 2009 at 6:01 am
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
KE allows web site access to a reservation ONLY if you have a KE FF # (Skypass #) on the reservation, and you have registered for online access. Otherwise, you can't even do OLCI.

You can call to get a specific seat assignment in advance.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL EZ TG AS
Originally Posted by Stripe
KE allows web site access to a reservation ONLY if you have a KE FF # (Skypass #) on the reservation, and you have registered for online access. Otherwise, you can't even do OLCI.

You can call to get a specific seat assignment in advance.
I had reservations with instructions to call later for specific seat assignments in Q. Meantime I received an email telling me about schedule change. Took three different tries to coordinate dates and times.
Looking over the final details discovered there was change in equipment as well, from 777-300 sleeper to A330-300ws. Along with the equipment came seat change without consulting me. When I called I was told to try 30 days before flight or try at the airport. Waiting for the last moment at the airport is not something I'm willing to do. I'll give them an honest try 30 days prior and if I don't get satisfaction I'll cut my loses and try another carrier.
I'm getting kind ticked off with KE.
Anyone experienced anything like this? Suggestions?

Thanks
Zeus
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Check on the Delta forum. Northwest and Delta merged a while ago. This forum is more for Northwest nostalgia posts.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Akazeus
I had reservations with instructions to call later for specific seat assignments in Q. Meantime I received an email telling me about schedule change. Took three different tries to coordinate dates and times.
Looking over the final details discovered there was change in equipment as well, from 777-300 sleeper to A330-300ws. Along with the equipment came seat change without consulting me. When I called I was told to try 30 days before flight or try at the airport. Waiting for the last moment at the airport is not something I'm willing to do. I'll give them an honest try 30 days prior and if I don't get satisfaction I'll cut my loses and try another carrier.
I'm getting kind ticked off with KE.
Anyone experienced anything like this? Suggestions?

Thanks
Zeus
You really shouldn't have cross-posted this here and in another thread, but I'll put my answer here, too for the record. KE now only allows seat selection 30 days in advance. Seats selected prior to them putting that policy in place have tended to stick through, but you won't be able to change them before 30 days in advance of travel now. I had no problem selecting seats via e-mail for my DL award booking.

KE is less prone to equipment swaps than many other carriers, especially DL, so I'm not sure where you'd propose taking your business. When changing from a 2-3-2-configured 777 to a 2-2-2 configured A330, I'm not sure how you expected them to not change your seat assignment, either.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL EZ TG AS
Sorry for the cross-post, mtkeller and thanks for your responses as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.