Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Purchasing Skyclub Temprary Membership on NWA.COM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchasing Skyclub Temprary Membership on NWA.COM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Question Purchasing Skyclub Temprary Membership on NWA.COM

Can one buy the temp membership on the NWA site?
I am only able to purchase the 1 or 3 year memberships.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The 30 day can, and should IMHO, be purchased at the club on the day of first use. The process takes less than 5 minutes.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
As the other poster mentioned, I'd just buy it at the club itself. But to answer your question, only delta.com supports the online purchse of the 30 day pass not nwa.com.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by sobore
Can one buy the temp membership on the NWA site?
I am only able to purchase the 1 or 3 year memberships.
No, not on nwa.com. You CAN buy it on the Delta.com site, after logging in with a Worldperks or Skymiles number. http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...club/index.jsp. I would purchase it JUST BEFORE the 30 day window starts, and make SURE you are at a working printer.

At $90 for 30 days, and permitting you plus up to 2 guests for a full 30 days, it pays for itself almost immediately. Great "backup plan" if you have a long layover, or get misconnected / delayed, especially when traveling with others. It also helps on international, as the competent staff can usually quickly fix your itinerary, boarding passes, etc. without a trip out to the counter, a long line at a service center desk, and stubborn reaccommodation issues.

Caveat (and I mentioned this at the DL DO to the Skymiles team last week):
You MUST print out the receipt and "card" page. You WILL NOT get an email confirmation, and WILL NOT receive a paper mailing either. If you lose that paper or not print it out, or not get a "paper NW-style card", you may get stuck with agents at the club door who do not believe you have that membership . You will only get an email telling you that it will expire shortly, 1 week before the 30 days is up, but it will not list your receipt number or Skyclub temporary number. (The temp membership payment can be credited toward a full 1-year regular membership in Skyclub for up to 30 days after it expires.) Again, you'll have to call Res and have them look up your Skymiles (or WP) account.

The SkyMiles club staff will NOT find it listed under Skymiles memberships. It is only found under your Skymiles account as a purchase / receipt for Skymiles members (not sure about Worldperks), which Reservations agents can find, but SkyClub staff are not aware of. I went round-and-round with the SkyClub / President's Club in EWR after purchasing one last month, and couldn't find the print out. When I called Res, they found it under my FF Account, so I put her on Speakerphone, and only then would the President's Club believe me.

I believe the Skyclub and Web team will be working on this shortly. I hope they post their intents and corrections.

Last edited by flyzabit; Jul 10, 2009 at 11:39 am
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Great Info flyzabit! Thank you very much!^
Old Jul 21, 2009, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can the 30 day pass be purchased at former NW World Clubs...now SkyClubs? Ill be in DTW tomorrow with a long layover and want to buy the 30-day pass, but am worried that the agents may not be able to process it without access to Deltamatic or at least the training needed to sell this pass. Anyone else have experience buying it at a WC?

Will they print it out for me showing me I have a 30-day membership?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
I just purchased a spouse add-on membership at MKE's former WC, and they were all set to process it on the spot. I'm thinking if they can, DTW certainly can.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 5:52 pm
RSW

Programs: NON-REV Extraordinaire. Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta SkyClub
don't forget if you decide to go with the one year plan or three year plan you will be credited for your 30 day membership.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I got an email from nwa with the link to purchase 30 day trial membership.

http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...2.30daymbrCTA1
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold
anyone have any experience buying a 30 day pass and buying a yearly membership when it expires. I'm a few miles short of gold right now and have a long layover friday at JFK, would like to buy the yearly membership at the gold price, can I do this or will they charge me based on my status at time of the 30 day purchase?

On another note, anyone have any advice on lounges at JFK, looks like there's a few, which one is best?
Old Aug 18, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
By the way, folks, US Airways Club has jumped into the 90-day membership fray with one for $120. FYI for when CO goes *A, if you need to fly *A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.