FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   "Northwest Airlines is not part of Delta Air Lines" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/967669-northwest-airlines-not-part-delta-air-lines.html)

NOLAnwGOLD Jun 22, 2009 11:26 pm

"Northwest Airlines is not part of Delta Air Lines"

So at the bottom of one of my email letters from Delta customer service is this:

So true it seems to be....

slippahs Jun 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD (Post 11953061)
So true it seems to be....

We can only wish...

SchmutzigMSP Jun 23, 2009 12:14 am

Most likely an unfortunate typo ("not" -> "now").

Freudian slip? :D

bostonbali Jun 23, 2009 10:50 am

Oh, wouldn't that be nice!

I'm trying to think of something nice to say about DL, am coming up empty handed...

humanoid94 Jun 23, 2009 11:05 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali (Post 11955507)
Oh, wouldn't that be nice!

I'm trying to think of something nice to say about DL, am coming up empty handed...

I like coke more than pepsi. That's my positive thing... :)

GTITAN Jun 23, 2009 11:17 am

Originally Posted by humanoid94 (Post 11955598)

Something different for a change, coming up with stuff we find positive about DL, well ... it makes for some entertaining posts from certain of our current and/or displaced NW FT brethren (never sure where they stand ;)).

Seriously, DL, also now employs, NW folks who will always be (even if I am not flying DL-NW as I did once) some of the very best in the industry, from Chisolm, to the Skyclubs (F/K/A WCs:)), to some of my friends in NW IT;)^. At very least, they are employed and bringing the NW spirit to DL!

A big shout out to all you!

Safe Travels Red Tail Riders

james318 Jun 23, 2009 12:19 pm

I've always found it ironic that the airline with the red tail served Pepsi (usually associated with the color blue) and the airline with the bluish tail served coke (usually associated with the color red..)

I could have died a happy man with Coke on the Redtail... :)

WolfManDoug Jun 23, 2009 2:12 pm

The Biscoffs are good too!:D

JSFox Jun 23, 2009 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by james318 (Post 11956017)
Coke (usually associated with the color red..)

I once did a show for Coke that included a big sign of their logo that lit up in a chase (like it was being written). They sent me 2 2" three ring binders that described the logo and it's use. I said I'd get them a quote by the end of the week, but they didn't need one (their PR budget was that big). When the color wasn't exactly 'coke red' they paid to have GE do a special run (and flew 2 people to the factory to approve it) of lamps. The whole thing was a rather surreal experience.

icurhere2 Jun 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by WolfManDoug (Post 11956765)
The Biscoffs are good too!:D

Don't forget the Woodford Reserve bourbon, for those who partake.

shiner Jun 23, 2009 2:59 pm

Unfortunately for me, I like Pepsi products better. Oh well. My positive thing is Woodford Reserve.

SchmutzigMSP Jun 23, 2009 3:20 pm

I've always found it ironic that the airline with the red tail served Pepsi (usually associated with the color blue) and the airline with the bluish tail served coke (usually associated with the color red..)

PepsiAmericas, Inc. -- the 2nd largest Pepsi bottler in the world -- is based in Minneapolis, where NW was headquartered. I think the ties are pretty obvious, at least as obvious as the Delta ties to Coke. ;)

secretsea18 Jun 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Don't forget the larger pillows and blankets in WBC, they are due to Delta.

BTA Jun 23, 2009 4:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP

PepsiAmericas, Inc. -- the 2nd largest Pepsi bottler in the world -- is based in Minneapolis, where NW was headquartered. I think the ties are pretty obvious, at least as obvious as the Delta ties to Coke. ;)

I had a FA tell me they hadn't decided on Coke vs. Pepsi since Pepsi is based in NY, where Delta is trying to expand significantly.

Obviously this was prior to the recent announcement about Coke implementation fleet wide. (No surprise to me)

SchmutzigMSP Jun 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by BTA (Post 11957681)
I had a FA tell me they hadn't decided on Coke vs. Pepsi since Pepsi is based in NY, where Delta is trying to expand significantly.

PepsiCo headquarters is in NY. But PepsiAmericas is a very large company in the Upper Midwest and based in MSP. I think it's more than a coincidence that an airline based in MSP would serve beverages from a very large bottling company based in the same town.