Wiki Posts
Search

irregular ops in MSY

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
irregular ops in MSY

I'm curious if this is standard procedure...

My son was flying LAX-MSP-IAH yesterday and I was going to IAH to pick him up. This was the second of two horrendous weather days. He was due in a little after noon and looking at the quantity of rain and lightning I was not surprised when the plane (Flight 3459 - Mesaba) wound up diverting to New Orleans.

Originally - the flight was rescheduled to come in to Houston - but they wound up cancelling the flight and leaving the Houston bound passengers in New Orleans.

My son called me and told me that there would be no more flights from MSY to IAH - that they might or might not find a bus - but otherwise they would need to call a number to try to get a flight to Houston on Sunday.

I managed to get some assistance online and was able to rebook him on Delta MSY-ATL-IAH arriving about 8:30 p.m.

I suppose being an outstation they would not have a crew to fly the last leg in by the time skies cleared so they just flew the crew back to MSP perhaps??

Anyway even given the horrible weather in Houston it seemed a bit odd just to stop short of returning folks home and leave them in The Big Easy! Just curious...

(The later CO MSY-IAH flights were cancelled - assuming the inbound to MSY never happened - as skies were clear at the airport from 5 p.m. on.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.