FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   3 hrs at MSP airport, is there free wifi? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/939442-3-hrs-msp-airport-there-free-wifi.html)

beepyou Apr 2, 2009 9:23 pm

3 hrs at MSP airport, is there free wifi?

I will be arriving at MSP tomorrow around 5 pm (AC), I got 3.5 hrs to burn before my buddy arrives at 8:30 (NW).

Where do you suggest I have some food/dinner?

Is there somewhere I can get free wifi?

ksucats Apr 2, 2009 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by beepyou (Post 11520312)
I will be arriving at MSP tomorrow around 5 pm (AC), I got 3.5 hrs to burn before my buddy arrives at 8:30 (NW).

Where do you suggest I have some food/dinner?

Is there somewhere I can get free wifi?

You could get free wifi if you have access to the world club. I am not sure what your interests are or where you are going when your buddy arrives, but you could head over to the mall & have dinner there.

beepyou Apr 2, 2009 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by ksucats (Post 11520365)
You could get free wifi if you have access to the world club. I am not sure what your interests are or where you are going when your buddy arrives, but you could head over to the mall & have dinner there.

the mall? Is this within the airport?

DJMeatBall Apr 2, 2009 10:12 pm

No, ksucats is referring to the massive Mall of America (is it still the largest mall in the country?), a relatively short shuttle/bus ride from the MSP airport.

If you really want to do Internet and don't want to pay up for a SkyClub pass (I despise that new name, btw), your only other option would be to pay a daily rate for whatever WiFi the MSP airport provides.

Hopefully it would be around only $10 - $15 or so.

But I'm not sure.

bonoman Apr 2, 2009 10:21 pm

You can also take the the light rail to the MOA:

http://www.mspairport.com/msp/Ground...ight_Rail.aspx

Oh yeah, and there's a thread here someplace that discusses the MSP Worldclubs wifi - you might find a hint there to help you. ;)

jimc_usa Apr 3, 2009 6:33 am

Check the NW forum WIKI

Famous Dave's is a locally based chain that makes award winning Bar-B-Que. The pulled pork is quite tasty!

Chili's Too between F and G concourses (next to the WC) always good food!

Ike's between the E and D concourses (at the end of the main hall). Excellent food and drinks from this outpost of a Minneapolis institution. Takes a little longer and there may be a wait for seating.

French Meadow two locations--next to Ike's at the beginning of the E concourse and in the middle of the F concourse. Better than most sandwiches and soups made with tasty ingredients. Also has to-go boxes.

AviationFan Apr 3, 2009 11:40 am

Originally Posted by bonoman (Post 11520522)
You can also take the the light rail to the MOA

Right - it only takes a few minutes and is very convenient to do from the MSP airport.

- Martin

beepyou Apr 3, 2009 1:16 pm

thanks everyone for your kind suggestions. I'm boarding my flight in 10 minutes. I think I'll have Famous Dave's for dinner :)

runninaway Apr 3, 2009 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall (Post 11520490)
No, ksucats is referring to the massive Mall of America (is it still the largest mall in the country?), a relatively short shuttle/bus ride from the MSP airport.

If you really want to do Internet and don't want to pay up for a SkyClub pass (I despise that new name, btw), your only other option would be to pay a daily rate for whatever WiFi the MSP airport provides.

Hopefully it would be around only $10 - $15 or so.

But I'm not sure.

It's 4.95

fti Apr 3, 2009 1:49 pm

You might not see this but if you get near a Worldclub you will have a lot of time to play on the internet :D

I am sure that one of the "best in class" enhancements for the SkyClubs will be no more free-for-everyone wifi. Enjoy it while it lasts.