Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-revs in J

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 11:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Non-revs in J

On both TPAC and intra-Asia legs in J, I sat next to non-revs in J. One flight showed 17 empties on the seat map prior to checkin, the other showed 22. I chose a seat with no neighbor when checking in, and each time J filled up with the usual brand of opups...and my neighbors, who were evidently NWA FAs. Out of uniform.

Look at the threads on DL, KL and CO about this and the angst and frustration it provokes. To varying degrees, there's a perception that nonrevs ace paid pax out of J, or I, or Z, or D, inventory, or of opups.

Here's the difference on NWA. The FAs didn't make much of a deal out of their colleagues being present. Nobody seemed to believe they'd been aced out of a J seat by foul means. I never felt so this time or others, after all, I've been op-upped enough and have gotten the awards/upgrades I wanted almost all of the time. These type of complaints never seemed to dominate the NWA board the way they do with CO or others. So why not feel good about crews being given the ISA J seats?

Lesson for Richard A: Reasonable treatment of elites results in less frustration and suspicion being directed at GAs, FAs and management regarding their access to J. This is another sign of the differences between NW WP philosophy and other, less acceptable, ideologies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.