Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Your next issue of "World Traveler" will be your last!

Your next issue of "World Traveler" will be your last!

Old Mar 2, 2009, 7:46 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
change in snacks for MSP-HNL

I flew earlier today and noticed that on the food page, there is a note about sandwiches, salads, etc not being available on MSP-HNL....is that a change or something that I missed before?

Seems like the longest domestic flight would have more food options, not less. Wonder what this means, if anything...

Oddly, I'm in the MSP C WC and there are no copies of the March magazine for me to look at. They were in the MKE WC as well as onboard my flight...
Old Mar 2, 2009, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by BTA
I flew earlier today and noticed that on the food page, there is a note about sandwiches, salads, etc not being available on MSP-HNL....is that a change or something that I missed before?

Seems like the longest domestic flight would have more food options, not less. Wonder what this means, if anything...
MSP-HNL is going to Delta meal service specifications - which in Y is actually an improvement. Y passengers will get a complimentary hot meal; no longer BoB snacks/sandwiches.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I picked up three while flying Sunday - one for me, one already given away, and one offered to another FTer. Pinnacle didn't have the new edition (flying out of MEM) but the Mesaba and mainline flights already did on the 1st.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mersk862
900 miles is the threshold that Richard mentions in his letter this month. Which is good since that means MSP-ATL will get meals now!

But no SunChips! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Revolt!
This must have been the current Sky mag. For March's WP Traveler mag, he simply states that the mag is no more starting next month with Sky.

Also, MSP-ATL always got meals with NW when it was within the meal windows. In fact, most 900+ mile flights on NW always did.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 7:11 am
azj

DL and NW flights will align their onboard service starting March 30th. That means meals and timelines for meals will be adopted from NWA, but the food, and service items (glass, mugs, tea service, chine etc...) will be from DL.

Here's a timeline as shared to me by a friend who is an NWA FA:

March 30, 2009: Domestic equipment and product integration with minor
modifications to FC/EY services

April 1, 2009: New flying for pre-merger Northwest crews on Delta routes

June 1, 2009: International service equipment integration with re-branding of
World Business Class (WBC) to BusinessElite (BE)
(only minor changes to service delivery processes at this time)
Old Mar 3, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: NWA Plat, Marriott Gold
WorldTraveler

I'm very happy to hear that MSP is going to be publishing all the new Sky magazines. They do a great job and should keep it up.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion
Drinks are more $ now

I flew a NW/Pinnacle redtail from DTW-OKC this past weekend. On Thursday night, we were charged $5 per drink. On our Monday night return, it was $7. The FA said they were told to charge the Delta prices as of March 1st.

Everyone in my row was digging an additional $2 to provide "exact change"... hehe
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
This must have been the current Sky mag. For March's WP Traveler mag, he simply states that the mag is no more starting next month with Sky.

Also, MSP-ATL always got meals with NW when it was within the meal windows. In fact, most 900+ mile flights on NW always did.
It must be a narrow window for MSP-ATL because I can't remember ever getting a meal on this flight in either direction. Anyhow even if it was already the case for MSP-ATL, additional meals/services are welcomed.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:57 pm
azj

Interesting bit about the alcohol charge. I believe the Mesaba FAs were told to continue to charge $5 for red tail flights and the $7 for blue tail flights. Since the onboard service hasn't changed yet, there is no reason to charge the extra $2. Sounds fishy to me.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by azj
DL and NW flights will align their onboard service starting March 30th. That means meals and timelines for meals will be adopted from NWA, but the food, and service items (glass, mugs, tea service, chine etc...) will be from DL.

Here's a timeline as shared to me by a friend who is an NWA FA:

March 30, 2009: Domestic equipment and product integration with minor
modifications to FC/EY services

April 1, 2009: New flying for pre-merger Northwest crews on Delta routes

June 1, 2009: International service equipment integration with re-branding of
World Business Class (WBC) to BusinessElite (BE)
(only minor changes to service delivery processes at this time)
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Got one

Had to go ask a FA for a copy that wasn't dog-eared and mangled, since the one in my seatback pocket sure was.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I picked up one last week on a flight from BDL-MSP. Peculiar flight, it was a NW flight but a Delta livery CRJ900. NW crew and options. Definitely the twilight zone. New gates at BDL (no longer next to the bar!) And MSP is depressing. But I digress....

I really wanted it for the article on the Florida Keys, where I hope to take my next vacation

Cheers,
Pogopossum

Last edited by pogopossum; Mar 28, 2009 at 10:53 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:28 am
azj

Pogpossum - you were on an NWA Airlink flight operated by Mesaba. Since February, Mesaba operates 5 900s in the DL paint throughout the system. Initially those 900s were only going to be used for the DL Connection SLC operation, but it was going to prove to be too complicated and a tail/crew routing nightmare! So... now there is a "cross tail" program whereby during the merger you might just see a red tail on a DL connection flight and a blue tail on an NWA Airlink flight. More of this starts in April when Comair will be flying NWA Airlink flights out of MSP and DTW. As of today, it is almost a moot point because the onboard service has been aligned.

As for SKY... I've had a look at the new April issue. Looks nice... I guess. I was expecting something dramatically different. Yes, it's different, but you can tell the same publisher from World Traveler is doing the work. It's nice though.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Who wants one?

I picked up a few copies of both the English and Japanese versions. They are in good shape and I didn't even sign the equipment page

PM me if you want one. First come, first serve, no charge.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
I have four copies of this last issue of World Traveler - each picked up unused with very little wear. Anyone interested in having this as a keepsake, message me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.