Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you signed a stone at DTW?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I've got a three + hour layover today and will add DL PLATINUM to the "rock" collection!
Old May 19, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
oh no -- can't believe the stones are gone

According to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-no-more.html

the DTW stones are gone.

I wonder if the person who made that decision had any idea that a great tradition has been needlessly ended. Thoughtless.
Old May 19, 2013, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When they did it before, SC agents there gave me the impression that it was a conscious decision because some of the stones expressed affection for NW and/or annoyance at the merger.
Old May 19, 2013, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Makes me ill to think where those stones are. I always wished I'd shellacked my stones so the ink wouldn't fade, but it would have been pointless anyway.
Old May 20, 2013, 2:19 am

I wish we had known, even if just a rumor, ahead of time...I would have rescued mine....

Old May 20, 2013, 3:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
We could have organized a stone rescue DO.
Old May 20, 2013, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How awesome would it have been if a bunch of us showed up with empty suitcases and just started filling them with stones!
Old May 28, 2013, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by bdnyc
According to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-no-more.html

the DTW stones are gone.

I wonder if the person who made that decision had any idea that a great tradition has been needlessly ended. Thoughtless.
As has been posted in the new thread referenced in this post, it was hardly a "needless" or "thoughtless" move. This "tradition", while cool, was actually only known to a small handful of the millions of passengers that pass through the terminal ever year. The stones were old, and disappearing... if anything, this move was an INVESTMENT in keeping the terminal refreshed after 11 years.

I know it's disappointing for those of us who were into signing the stone... but, we were few. Time to move on.
Old May 28, 2013, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
SOS - Save Our Stones

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.