Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Shafted - Mountains of Miles Program - Suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Signed up for Mountains of Miles Program, got 100 points from flying (first tier 1000 miles bonus) signed up for signature card (through website etc as we are supposed to) got card but the 80 points never posted. So I didn't hit the tier to get 4500 miles. Im out 3000 miles. Called yesterday to NWA WP, they said call U.S. Bank cuz they didn't see in their records (ie., they claim U.S. bank didn't tell them I successfully signed up). They refused to even listen to the information I had regarding my successful sign up (ie., account number, etc.,) Called U.S bank WP department, they said that NWA should have been informed as soon as the account was activated. (could not confirm it was)

Im out 3k miles. Yes I know I get 20k when I spend $500 but that's through U.S. Bank, and part of the reason I signed up in the first place. I want my 80 MoM points for signing up and for an adjustment to be made so I get my 3k miles. Promotion is over.

Suggestions...
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Speedy Rewards Beverage Club
I'm in sort of the same position, although the points which didn't post for me were a Marriott stay and gift registry.

Have you tried calling US Bank?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:46 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
This is the responsibility of the partner, so call US Bank and Marriott accordingly.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Try to SuperSize a flight:

https://www.nwa.com/worldperks/supersize/

Does it come up 1000 miles, or 2000 miles? If 2000 miles, NWA knows you're a US Bank customer. The qeustion is, did you become a US bank customer in the correct time window?

Complain loudly enough, perhaps TTU will toss you 3000 RDMs. Then you net out correctly.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold75, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I am missing the points for purchasing my 1 year world club membership. You would think NW would know about this one. I will have to send in a TTU about this...I just noticed it missing today when I reviewed the details.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Are you sure??

In the past, Northwest has removed and added the correct bonus miles for late posted miles when it gets posted. I'm sure NW will continue to do this....unless you've been Delted.....

Jiburi
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:01 am

Programs: DL PM
I signed up for the WP Visa during this promotion too and became frustrated as well after I spent $500, got the talk to US Bank runaround and then at the end of the call to USB, the rep said something about $1000 spending to activate the 25,000 mile signup award.

The upside- The points posted after I hit the $1,000 spend, even after the promotion period closed. It does say that it may take 6-8 weeks to post, so I'm guessing they keep things open until that range closes. It may extend beyond that because I went over and over the fine print and it says they retroactively apply the actual card issue date once the $1,000 spend is hit.

The downside- You need to spend $1,000 instead of $500. My tax refund and sadly, a car repair made that easy doings
Old Feb 19, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tgrazini
I am missing the points for purchasing my 1 year world club membership. You would think NW would know about this one. I will have to send in a TTU about this...I just noticed it missing today when I reviewed the details.
Yep, my World Club membership points are also missing
Old Feb 20, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL-DM
I know how you feel about being shafted. I flew three round trips from Shanghai to Missoula, MT during the MOM promotion. The legs from Shanghai to Seattle were on NW flights. The legs between SEA and MSO were on Alsaka Air, but they had NW flight numbers(NW 5464 was one). Because this is considered flying on another airline even if it was a NW tagged flight, I was not awarded any points for any of the flights. After flying close to 6000 miles on NW, the last 500 cancelled my points. Makes a lot of sense, NOT. NW does not fly into MT, so my only choice would have been to fly on two intineraries and re-check bags at Seattle. Not worth it.

I contact WP and they basically said "No", you cannot fly on another airline".

That really sux!!!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: NWA PE
I had a similar problem. I applied for and received the WP Visa Signature card (during the promtional period), but the 25,000 mile bonus didn't post to my account until after the promotional period ended. The 80 points did finally show up in my MOM point summary, and it was dated retro-actively to the date I was approved for the card. However, by then, they had already issued my mileage award, which was done BEFORE the 80 points arrived...so I only got 1,000 miles instead of the 3,000 I would have gotten if the 80 points had arrived earlier.

Usually, it takes FOREVER for the miles to post after one of these points-based promotions ends. But, Noooooo, not this time...they issued the miles on 2/15..only 2 weeks after it ended (when it usually takes 6-8 weeks)! If it had taken as long as it usually does...the 80 points would have been there, and I would have got the full 3,000 miles.

We'll see if they go back and adjust the mileage award...but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: NWA PE
Well...how fortuitous....no sooner had I submitted my previous post, than NW rescinded my previous MOM mileage award and added a new one for the 3,000 miles I should have gotten with the card application properly credited. I'll be damned....well, I'm happy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.