Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need flight attendant scripts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2003, 5:29 pm

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
I like BA's version where they state "please remove high heeled shoes before descending the slide"

...and Mesaba FAs who say "...your seat cusion is floatable" Nice word, floatable. Drives me crazy

[This message has been edited by Ginger K (edited 04-28-2003).]

Old Apr 28, 2003, 6:42 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
How about as the plane is taxing to the gate upon landing you will occasionally hearˇKˇ¨We know you have a choice when flying, and on behalf of the 10,000 employees of XYZ airlines would like to thank you for flying with us today and hope to see you again on your next journey.ˇ¨
Old Apr 28, 2003, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ginger K:
I like BA's version where they state "please remove high heeled shoes before descending the slide"

</font>

It's actually:

...and ladies please remove high heeled shoes as they may tear the slide...
Old Apr 29, 2003, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">How about as the plane is taxing to the gate upon landing you will occasionally hear ¨We know you have a choice when flying, and on behalf of the 10,000 employees of XYZ airlines would like to thank you for flying with us today and hope to see you again on your next journey."</font>
I was on a WN flight once where f/a said "we know you have a choice of airlines -- actually you don't, we're the only one flying this route -- but we appreciate your business anyway."

[This message has been edited by Alpha Golf (edited 04-29-2003).]
Old Apr 29, 2003, 10:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Alpha Golf:
How about as the plane is taxing to the gate upon landing you will occasionally hear ¨We know you have a choice when flying, and on behalf of the 10,000 employees of XYZ airlines would like to thank you for flying with us today and hope to see you again on your next journey."</font>
I was on a WN flight once where f/a said "we know you have a choice of airlines -- actually you don't, we're the only one flying this route -- but we appreciate your business anyway."

[This message has been edited by Alpha Golf (edited 04-29-2003).]
There is alsoe the announcement of where the plane is heading. You have boarded flightXXX with non stop service to XXXX If XXX is not in your plans (here is where I forget) please see a flight attendant. Something like that.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 2:26 pm

Actually - it is

You have boarded Northwest Airlines flight number XX with service from XX to XX. If that is not your destination or a connection point for you today, we suggest that you deplane the aircraft at this time.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 2:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DCAGOLD:
Actually - it is

You have boarded Northwest Airlines flight number XX with service from XX to XX. If that is not your destination or a connection point for you today, we suggest that you deplane the aircraft at this time.
</font>
Good point that was CO that I was refering to.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 2:43 pm

The most recent flight attendant script from a first class Northwest flight i had.

You board the plane.
The FC attendant is hiding in the food nook.
You wait, wait, wait, wait, for them to offer you a drink.
After 15 minutes, you ask the coach attendant for a drink. She says "sure, just a minute".
The FC attendant is still hiding.
The coach attendant dissappears.
10 minutes later, the FC attendant pops out walks up to someone with a coat and asks for it, then hurries back before anyone can make eye contact.
The coach attendant reappears, I make a eye contact, she explains that she couldnt get me a drink because they were express boarding. She moves on before I can reply.
The coach and FC attendant stand in the food nook and yap until its time to do the official script.
My throat being parched and being throughly peeved for _buying_ a first class ticket, I ignore whatever it was they say. 45 minutes later, I finally get a beverage when the FC attendant comes out of hiding.
I've never seen a lousier FC attendant on a northwest flight, it wasnt even a meal flight so the guy (yes it was a guy) didnt have a good excuse for hiding in the food nook.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by corplinx:
The most recent flight attendant script from a first class Northwest flight i had.

You board the plane.
The FC attendant is hiding in the food nook.
You wait, wait, wait, wait, for them to offer you a drink.
After 15 minutes, you ask the coach attendant for a drink. She says "sure, just a minute".
The FC attendant is still hiding.
The coach attendant dissappears.
10 minutes later, the FC attendant pops out walks up to someone with a coat and asks for it, then hurries back before anyone can make eye contact.
The coach attendant reappears, I make a eye contact, she explains that she couldnt get me a drink because they were express boarding. She moves on before I can reply.
The coach and FC attendant stand in the food nook and yap until its time to do the official script.
My throat being parched and being throughly peeved for _buying_ a first class ticket, I ignore whatever it was they say. 45 minutes later, I finally get a beverage when the FC attendant comes out of hiding.
I've never seen a lousier FC attendant on a northwest flight, it wasnt even a meal flight so the guy (yes it was a guy) didnt have a good excuse for hiding in the food nook.
</font>
I would say that 9/10 flights I am on have good beverage service and attentive F/A's.

I think it is wrong to assume that the entire service has declined. I actually believe it has gotten better.

RC
Old May 1, 2003, 5:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GRR_FlyGuy:
Does any one have a copy of the pre-flight (cell phones can be used til doors closed), safety (oxygen masks blah blah), in-flight (todays flight consists of many features including a magazine and no beverages), and landing scripts (keep your seatbelts on til the capt has turns off....) that the flight attendants say in the plane. We are working on a little skit and I would like to have actual ones as a guide. If you can post here that would be great!!

Thanks. :-)
</font>

http://www.airodyssey.net/reference/inflight.html

:-) It's not the official ones but....
Old May 6, 2003, 7:15 pm

I would like to congratulate all of you and your rendition of the f/a script! Pretty good job folks. Shows that you do pay attention

[This message has been edited by fajohn (edited 05-07-2003).]
Old May 6, 2003, 10:42 pm

Don't forget the infamous WN script:

"Eeny meeny miny moe, pick a seat it's time to go."

Good for one free lawsuit per roundtrip.
Old May 9, 2003, 9:14 am

The yseem to have dropped "Our service today has several features." Too embarrassed, I hope.[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! It is still in our handbook, but you're right, most of us are too embarrassed to say it! Good to hear we're not the only ones who think it's dumb...

Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:24 pm

Post American Flight Briefing

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome aboard American Flt 890 with non-stop service, to San Juan. Our flying time into san juan today should be approximately 3hr and 54min.

Once airborne we will be serving a light lunch, alcoholic beverages may be purchased at a cost of $5 dollars, exact change is always appreciated, we will also be showing a movie for your entertainment.

In order for the captain to pull away from the gate area, all isles and exit rows must be cleared, at this time you should be comfortable seated, with your seatbelt securely fastened, if you are traveling with any hand luggage please make sure they are securely stowed under the seat or the over head locker.

Your seat back tray table and window shaded should be in the upright postions, at this time all electronic devices, must be shut off and put away, that includes, cell phone, pagers, video games, ipods, vhs video recorders, laptop computers, and noise canceling headsets. A list of these and other approved electronic devices can be found in the american way magazine found in your seat back.

American Airline is pleased to offer you a NON SMOKING cabin today, smoking is not allowed on this or any other American Airline or American Eagle flight. This aircraft is equipped with 6 lavatories 2 at the front of the aircraft and 4 at the back, each lavatory consist of a smoke detector, federal aviation administration prohibits tampering or destroying of these smoke detector, if caught you will be fined and subject to imprisonment.

Shortly we will be playing a safety instruction video, demonstrating the features of this airbus A300, this will only take a moment of your time, in case of an emergency you may need to take part.

thank yoo for choosing american today, american and its one world alliance partners greatly appreciate you business. Enjoy you flight!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:31 pm

Post American Flight Briefing

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome aboard American Flt 890 with non-stop service, to San Juan. Our flying time into san juan today should be approximately 3hr and 54min.

Once airborne we will be serving a light lunch, alcoholic beverages may be purchased at a cost of $5 dollars, exact change is always appreciated, we will also be showing a movie for your entertainment.

In order for the captain to pull away from the gate area, all isles and exit rows must be cleared, at this time you should be comfortable seated, with your seatbelt securely fastened, if you are traveling with any hand luggage please make sure they are securely stowed under the seat or the over head locker.

Your seat back tray table and window shaded should be in the upright postions, at this time all electronic devices, must be shut off and put away, that includes, cell phone, pagers, video games, ipods, vhs video recorders, laptop computers, and noise canceling headsets. A list of these and other approved electronic devices can be found in the american way magazine found in your seat back.

American Airline is pleased to offer you a NON SMOKING cabin today, smoking is not allowed on this or any other American Airline or American Eagle flight. This aircraft is equipped with 6 lavatories 2 at the front of the aircraft and 4 at the back, each lavatory consist of a smoke detector, federal aviation administration prohibits tampering or destroying of these smoke detector, if caught you will be fined and subject to imprisonment.

Shortly we will be playing a safety instruction video, demonstrating the features of this airbus A300, this will only take a moment of your time, in case of an emergency you may need to take part.

thank yoo for choosing american today, american and its one world alliance partners greatly appreciate you business. Enjoy you flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.