Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot Officially A Skyteam Partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Its official, from NWA's webpage.

Earning/Redeeming Miles
Earn miles on all SkyTeam-coded, Aeroflot-operated flights.
Redeem miles on all Aeroflot-operated flights.

Destinations
Aeroflot is Russia's larger airline serving 66 international destinations to 49 countries worldwide including Europe, Southeastern Asia, Africa, the Middle East and North America.

Earning Banked Miles
100% of actual miles flown (500-mile minimum):
A, F, J, C, D, Y, S, B, M, H, K, V, T, Q, W, U, G

50% mileage bonus for First/Business Class travel.
A, F, J, C, D

Elite Qualifying Fare Classes:
Elite Qualifying Miles at 150%: A, F, J, C, D
Elite Qualifying Miles at 100%: Y, S, B, M, H, K, V, T, Q, W, U, G
Elite Qualifying Segments: A, F, J, C, D, Y, S, B, M, H, K, V, T, Q, W, U, G

Award Blackout Dates on Aeroflot Flights
None
Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:10 am
Original Poster

All and all, seems pretty generous in terms of mileage earning. 100% across all fare classes and elite qualifying segments for everything. I wonder what their award availability looks like.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 8:19 am

if you do end up booking a seat on Aeroflot, let us know if they still have chickens and/or goats roaming the isles.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 8:22 am
BCH

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
if you do end up booking a seat on Aeroflot, let us know if they still have chickens and/or goats roaming the isles.
That, and people standing during take-off or landing, I've only seen on domestic Aeroflot flights.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 8:25 am

Programs: DL-DM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by humanoid94
All and all, seems pretty generous in terms of mileage earning. 100% across all fare classes and elite qualifying segments for everything. I wonder what their award availability looks like.
Wait until you see those Russian FA's. None of them are skaters & all of them are plus size gals named Hilga. Just kidding, but I've really heard terrible reports about the airline.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 9:09 am

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
This is a very interesting development. Yes it does give skyteam flyers one more option when going to Europe. Imigine this now. You can book a reward ticket to lots of places in Russia that most of us probatly have never heard of or ever want to visit. Kazan, Yekaterinburg, etc.

An odd choice for Sky Team.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobtheAggie
This is a very interesting development. Yes it does give skyteam flyers one more option when going to Europe. Imigine this now. You can book a reward ticket to lots of places in Russia that most of us probatly have never heard of or ever want to visit. Kazan, Yekaterinburg, etc.

An odd choice for Sky Team.

Aeroflot has been a done deal for years. My understanding is they were only delayed in entering the alliance because their reservation technology was so backward.

Unless there are significant changes to Russian visa/entry requirements, it is hard to see that their entry will really change anything within Skyteam.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt a lowly Platinum now
Well, it changes it for me- as somone who goes to Russia occasionally, this gives a lot more options. The old Sky Team didn't have much outside of St. Petersburg and Moscow.
I would think it could be useful for some business travelers in Asia as well, since they have non-stops to Moscow from a lot of major cities there. Seoul was already covered with KE, but this adds a lot more direct flights.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 9:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by 1Banker
Wait until you see those Russian FA's. None of them are skaters & all of them are plus size gals named Hilga. Just kidding, but I've really heard terrible reports about the airline.

Aeroflot is an Experience one should not miss.

-Vincent
Old Apr 13, 2006, 9:53 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
I've heard that recently, in Business Class at least, that their product is pretty competitive. Do you need to have a visa if you're just transiting Moscow to a destination that doesn't require a visa?
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Gold
where are you seeing aeroflot on nw's site? i'm on the wp nw & partner airlines page and still no sign of aeroflot...
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold;NWA gold;Hyatt Plat
I flew aeroflot inside russia about 16 years ago as a high school student..

I would not want to do that again.. Outside Russia, I've heard its quite nice.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:49 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Wiley
where are you seeing aeroflot on nw's site? i'm on the wp nw & partner airlines page and still no sign of aeroflot...
Interesting. I think NWA jumped the gun and posted the page prematurely, then pulled it. If you do a search on Aeroflot you'll get directo the Skyteam airlines page, but Aeroflot isn't anyplace to be seen.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by 1Banker
Should be business as usual for those who are used to flying with senior MSP crews
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by goaliemn
I flew aeroflot inside russia about 16 years ago as a high school student..

I would not want to do that again.. Outside Russia, I've heard its quite nice.

Intra Russia the end to run those russian built plane, international they tend to run Boeings and Airbus...

-Vincent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.