Interesting Article

Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Interesting Article

Here is an article I read that in my opinion pertains to what is happening to the WP program. If I posted this in the wrong area, I apologize.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Can-Ai....html?x=0&.v=1

Last edited by Red Tail Fan; Jul 24, 2009 at 2:42 pm
Old Jul 24, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM
Red Tail: Here is a link to the actual report if you are interested.

http://carlsonmarketing.mediaroom.co...?s=55&item=140
Old Jul 24, 2009, 5:52 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
The idea of spinning off the frequent flyer programs surfaces about every five years with several US airlines. Never happens. I doubt it will. But interesting thoughts.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
"Article" is really just a PR piece from Carlson. Carlson runs loyalty programs as an outsourcing provider. They used to run Amtrak Guest Rewards but I believe lost that to a competitor within the past year or so.

Given the prominent Pros and Cons to spinning it off they write about, I bet it's really an attempt to offer airline execs a third option: Outsourcing it.

They probably need a new client or two.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.