Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles > Northwest WorldPerks (Discontinued Program) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 2, 09, 9:23 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SFO,YVR
Programs: AC E, SPG gold
Posts: 871
3 hrs at MSP airport, is there free wifi?

I will be arriving at MSP tomorrow around 5 pm (AC), I got 3.5 hrs to burn before my buddy arrives at 8:30 (NW).

Where do you suggest I have some food/dinner?

Is there somewhere I can get free wifi?
beepyou is offline  
Old Apr 2, 09, 9:37 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ICT
Programs: Priority Club plat-Hertz 5*-AA plat-Marriot silver - low status on Hilton & SPG
Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepyou View Post
I will be arriving at MSP tomorrow around 5 pm (AC), I got 3.5 hrs to burn before my buddy arrives at 8:30 (NW).

Where do you suggest I have some food/dinner?

Is there somewhere I can get free wifi?
You could get free wifi if you have access to the world club. I am not sure what your interests are or where you are going when your buddy arrives, but you could head over to the mall & have dinner there.
ksucats is offline  
Old Apr 2, 09, 10:07 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SFO,YVR
Programs: AC E, SPG gold
Posts: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksucats View Post
You could get free wifi if you have access to the world club. I am not sure what your interests are or where you are going when your buddy arrives, but you could head over to the mall & have dinner there.
the mall? Is this within the airport?
beepyou is offline  
Old Apr 2, 09, 10:12 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,994
No, ksucats is referring to the massive Mall of America (is it still the largest mall in the country?), a relatively short shuttle/bus ride from the MSP airport.

If you really want to do Internet and don't want to pay up for a SkyClub pass (I despise that new name, btw), your only other option would be to pay a daily rate for whatever WiFi the MSP airport provides.

Hopefully it would be around only $10 - $15 or so.

But I'm not sure.
DJMeatBall is offline  
Old Apr 2, 09, 10:21 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta Diamond, PC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman
Posts: 619
You can also take the the light rail to the MOA:

http://www.mspairport.com/msp/Ground...ight_Rail.aspx

Oh yeah, and there's a thread here someplace that discusses the MSP Worldclubs wifi - you might find a hint there to help you.
__________________
My seatback is not a handrail!
bonoman is offline  
Old Apr 3, 09, 6:33 am   #6
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MSP - NW Gold - PC Plat - Hertz Presidents Circle
Posts: 2,479
Check the NW forum WIKI

Famous Dave's is a locally based chain that makes award winning Bar-B-Que. The pulled pork is quite tasty!

Chili's Too between F and G concourses (next to the WC) always good food!

Ike's between the E and D concourses (at the end of the main hall). Excellent food and drinks from this outpost of a Minneapolis institution. Takes a little longer and there may be a wait for seating.

French Meadow two locations--next to Ike's at the beginning of the E concourse and in the middle of the F concourse. Better than most sandwiches and soups made with tasty ingredients. Also has to-go boxes.
__________________
It's time to bring the troops home!
jimc_usa is offline  
Old Apr 3, 09, 11:40 am   #7
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Programs: NW Gold; lifetime WorldClubs
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoman View Post
You can also take the the light rail to the MOA
Right - it only takes a few minutes and is very convenient to do from the MSP airport.

- Martin
AviationFan is offline  
Old Apr 3, 09, 1:16 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SFO,YVR
Programs: AC E, SPG gold
Posts: 871
thanks everyone for your kind suggestions. I'm boarding my flight in 10 minutes. I think I'll have Famous Dave's for dinner
beepyou is offline  
Old Apr 3, 09, 1:36 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MSP
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall View Post
No, ksucats is referring to the massive Mall of America (is it still the largest mall in the country?), a relatively short shuttle/bus ride from the MSP airport.

If you really want to do Internet and don't want to pay up for a SkyClub pass (I despise that new name, btw), your only other option would be to pay a daily rate for whatever WiFi the MSP airport provides.

Hopefully it would be around only $10 - $15 or so.

But I'm not sure.
It's 4.95
runninaway is offline  
Old Apr 3, 09, 1:49 pm   #10
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MN
Programs: DL GM, lots of other programs
Posts: 11,248
You might not see this but if you get near a Worldclub you will have a lot of time to play on the internet

I am sure that one of the "best in class" enhancements for the SkyClubs will be no more free-for-everyone wifi. Enjoy it while it lasts.
__________________
My flight memory since 2006: http://my.flightmemory.com/friend1979
fti is online now  
 
 
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:57 am.