Wiki Posts
Search

what is a bassinet seat?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2003, 9:00 am
Original Poster

what is a bassinet seat?

From the online description:
(BAS) Bassinet - (available on International flights only)
1AB, 1JK, 9DEF, 9JK, 10AB, 21HJK, 24DE, 35DEFG, 53DEFG

are these better than exit row?
Old Jan 29, 2003, 9:07 am

a seat where you can connect a baby basket. good if you have a baby but with limited legroom in Y.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
The real problem is if there is a baby in there, and it is not yours.

On a recent 13 hour Qantas flight, my partner was stuck in coach, in the bulkhead row. Mom, dad, and baby arrive. The bassinet, though, is in front of my partner.

Needless to say, he did not have a very good flight.

Stay away from the bassinet seat, unless it is for your own child!
Old Jan 30, 2003, 8:47 am
Original Poster

thanks for the replies guys! I would HATE to be stuck in that seat for my 16 hr trip..
would the noise be much in seats 35-A/B/J/K too?
Old Jan 30, 2003, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
...they are also to be avoided at all costs. I thought I was a smart guy and requested front bulkhead, aisle coach seats on a trip to HKG. There were THREE babies, all of whom made a lot of noise and had numerous diaper changes throughtout the 13 hour flight. The flight attendants actually congratulated me on being so tolerant, but it was a miserable flight by any standard.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 9:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Would the noise be much in seats 35-A/B/J/K too?</font>
Depends on the specific baby I had a perfectly peaceful flight in 35G next to a sleeping baby last year.

However, those are among the very best seats in a NW 744, apart from the difficulty in seeing the screen.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 9:41 am
Original Poster

seatguru lists them as very good seats.. i reserved those seats for my 16 hr flight to asia after checking seatguru! IMO, seat aint that good if there is a baby crying out and its not your baby.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 9:47 am
Original Poster

looking at the 747 seat map, it seems like all the exit row seats are near bassinet seats..
Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:34 am

what is the chance of babies being in club world there is 3 in row 15 there is 3 seats blocked which i understand is basinets there are 2 free which i could try and get at the 24hr point what are my chances of being baby free

any advice appreciated

ellie
Old Sep 5, 2009, 1:07 pm

I would think they can only be opened up if there's an INF in the record and it's documented the baby's age/weight etc. That said, if no one has requested that all important bassinet by the day before departure, then it'll stay open.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL, VS, BA; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver; Accor Silver
Book them if you have a long flight and want to take a chance. And take some earplugs
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:34 am

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
It's not just the noise. Very young children can be very restless during long flights and also need to have diapers changed. This can result in a very unpleasant flight. My experience was a 13 hour flight to HKG with THREE babies in the bassinet row. It was very LONG flight. I avoid them totally now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.