Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Best sign on bonus for NorthWest and MCI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2002, 10:56 am
Original Poster

What is the best sign on bonus for NorthWest and MCI?

I have heard that it is something like 3,000 miles, and 5miles per $1.00 in long distance.

The 3,000 miles seems kind of chincy compared with what Sprint has given at times.
(10,000; 20,000; 40,000).
Old Apr 5, 2002, 11:04 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
5x1000 mile offer was mentioned at:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/002973.html
Old Apr 5, 2002, 11:11 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I'm currently getting 10K (over 5 months) with UA. I would suggest that you ask for 10K NW miles. Here is a thread which mentions the 10K offers for other airlines.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum99/HTML/000143.html

If you are not flying NW during the fly free faster 2 promo, you may want to defer the signup until ater May 1.

[This message has been edited by PG (edited 04-05-2002).]
Old Apr 5, 2002, 1:59 pm

Whoooooa Nelly. NW and MCI pull out all the stops in the latest LD program. Get a whopping 1,000 miles each of the first two months as sign up bonus with MCI, then 5 WP miles per $ spent on MCI's overpriced LD service. Good ol Sprint don't look too bad now huh!

http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/earn/telec.shtml
Old Apr 6, 2002, 8:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Soonerman:
Whoooooa Nelly. NW and MCI pull out all the stops in the latest LD program. Get a whopping 1,000 miles each of the first two months as sign up bonus with MCI, then 5 WP miles per $ spent on MCI's overpriced LD service. Good ol Sprint don't look too bad now huh!</font>
True, Sprint is looking great! No reason to switch since we are earning more points from our Sprint bonuses than the total amount of the MCI bonus! Not to mention the 7 points/$ for Elite members and the opportunity to have the Monthly Fee waived if you are a PCS customer and all the miles I earn with PCS. I'm sticking with Sprint, especially since the miles will keep rolling in until March 2003.

[This message has been edited by Derf (edited 04-06-2002).]
Old Apr 7, 2002, 4:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Derf:
No reason to switch since we are earning more points from our Sprint bonuses than the total amount of the MCI bonus! </font>
Not to mention, the Sprint bonuses that are still rolling in are more, in most cases, than the whole FlyFreeFaster bonus!

Now if only NWA would decide to include Earthlink sign-ups for a qualifying activity...

Old Apr 8, 2002, 7:00 pm

Programs: NW, AA, HH, *wood
Originally posted by Derf
--------------------------------
Not to mention the 7 points/$ for Elite members and the opportunity to have the Monthly Fee waived if you are a PCS customer and all the miles I earn with PCS.

--------------------------------------------
Derf, what monthly fee can you have waived with PCS, and how do you go about getting it waived? Thanks for your assistance.

--------------------------------------------
Edited for clarity.

------------------
mylez2go
dtw/nw/dl/hh

[This message has been edited by mylez2go (edited 04-08-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.