Wiki Posts
Search

How to approach NW about this?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2007, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
How to approach NW about this?

This is a long story, but I'll try to explain the situation as briefly as possible.

I made a reservation and then submitted a Best Fare Guarantee claim. I exchanged several emails with NWA, but ultimately my claim was denied. I felt I was right and I cancelled my reservation (it was just under 24 hours). I felt very strongly about this and asked for a satisfactory explanation. Some time goes by and I don't get the explanation, which further frustrates me, so I complain about it.

In the end, I get an email with a very nice, polite and comprehensive explanation of the situation. As it turns out, NWA was right. (It was just very frustrating when I didn't understand what was going on and got evasive or irrelevant responses. The mistake that NWA made was not properly explaining the situation in the first place - this whole incident could have probably been avoided.) In addition to that, as a one-time gesture of goodwill, NWA offered to reinstate the reservation that I had made at the lower price (but quickly, while there is still K availability). Very nice gesture; I am truly greatful. ^

I replied to the email accepting their offer to have my reservation reinstated this morning. I have not received a response yet, nor do I see a the reservation reinstated when I check at nwa.com. I called the Plat line and they said that they couldn't do anything for me - they can't reinstate a cancelled reservation and if they were to make another reservation at a price different than what the system quotes then I would need some sort of promo code. The nice lady suggested that I call customer care. So I did that. Another nice lady - she said that she could not reinstate or make new reservations; I would have to call reservations for that. THIS is the predicament.

What should I do? There doesn't seem to be an appropriate department to handle my situation. I just want to check on this because this offer is only valid while there is still K class availability for my itin. I hate to be so persistent but it would be a shame to miss this opportunity.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by florin

What should I do? There doesn't seem to be an appropriate department to handle my situation. I just want to check on this because this offer is only valid while there is still K class availability for my itin. I hate to be so persistent but it would be a shame to miss this opportunity.
Can you contact the person who sent the email? Lately, I've had good luck with responding directly to the email sent. I won't post her name, but have been quite satisfied with the I've gotten from a particular Customer Care agent. PM me if you can't get anything worked out, or I'm sure other insiders with NWA can point you in the right direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.