Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles > Northwest WorldPerks (Discontinued Program) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 22, 06, 6:46 pm   #1

Changing r/t award to open jaw

I have a r/t business award NYC -AMS. I would like to keep the outbound but change the return to MAD or BCN - NYC. Can you do this without re-issuing the ticket?
Old Dec 22, 06, 7:20 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; DL Plat; AS MVP Gold; Hilton Silver; Marriott Gold; Hertz 5-Star; Avis First/Pres Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
Can you do this without re-issuing the ticket?

No, you cannot. Adding a segment will most definitely cause a reissue.

Further, NW/KL are pretty strict with married segments, so if you want to change the flight to BCN-AMS-NYC, both segments must be there, despite the fact that you're holding AMS-NYC already.
Old Dec 23, 06, 6:03 am   #3

Actually - I would like to change the ams-nyc (on KL) to BCN-NYC on Co. My main question is whther I would likely lose the seats on the outbound (NYC-AMS) if I have them reissue the ticket.

Last edited by erik123; Dec 23, 06 at 6:13 am.
Old Dec 23, 06, 9:32 am   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; DL Plat; AS MVP Gold; Hilton Silver; Marriott Gold; Hertz 5-Star; Avis First/Pres Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik123 View Post
Actually - I would like to change the ams-nyc (on KL) to BCN-NYC on Co. My main question is whther I would likely lose the seats on the outbound (NYC-AMS) if I have them reissue the ticket.

So long as you're not manipulating that outbound sector in any way (e.g., turning it into a connection), those seats are safe. They'll drop just the return, and book the BCN-EWR flight for you. The ticket will have to be reissued, though that shouldn't be a concern.

Worth pointing out that awards do allow a stopover. So if you would like to add that flight AMS-BCN to your ticket somehwere in your trip, it won't cost you any more miles.