FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Spinzels are back!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/473089-spinzels-back.html)

Yaatri Sep 15, 2005 2:46 pm

Spinzels are back!!!

Good news for you spinzel lovers. We were erved two packets of Spinzels on a Pinnacle flight (MOB-MEM) on August 31.

Bikeguy Sep 15, 2005 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri
Good news for you spinzel lovers. We were erved two packets of Spinzels on a Pinnacle flight (MOB-MEM) on August 31.

Were they really stale? Maybe the F/A found a hidden bag of them in an obscure cabinet and decided to give them out.

civicmon Sep 15, 2005 3:17 pm

IIRC.. they never left Pinnacle or Mesaba flights... is that true?

Yaatri Sep 15, 2005 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Were they really stale? Maybe the F/A found a hidden bag of them in an obscure cabinet and decided to give them out.

No, they did not taste stale. I don't like spinzels. But I asked for seconds as I had been staving, having just survived three days without electricity, water, or proper food.

trd Sep 15, 2005 4:03 pm

When I got some last month on a commuter I questioned the attendant -- she said they were going to use them until they ran out . . . . but that no more would ordered.

jiburi Sep 15, 2005 5:06 pm

Choices...

Given the choice between Spinzels and its similarly packaged Mini Pretzels, I'd take the Spinzels in a heart beat...... My favorite NW snack still remains to be the Zestybites they served more than 5 years ago but those are long gone (or stale...if I had them).

I saw Spinzels at HNL worldclub in August.....I wonder if they still would have it at other places?

Jiburi

hyunja Sep 15, 2005 9:10 pm

Spinzels are still served in FC

I was on four differnt flights over the Labor Day weekend in FC from FNT-MSP-LAX and back. I was presented with a basket containing the bags of Spinzels and the mixed nuts. People were still taking the Spinzels and they weren't stale. Are these leftovers or new batches?

HJ

basicdude Sep 15, 2005 9:18 pm

Bankruptcy Smankruptcy

Spintzels are back? Spintzels are back!

Take that, all you nay-sayers who didn't think any good could come from the bankruptcy filing. :D

happy spintzelling,
/s/ basic

jaguar Sep 15, 2005 9:31 pm

Well, I broke down the other day and went to the Spinzels website and ordered a couple huge jars and 30 bags. Still waiting for them to be delivered.

seoulmanjr Sep 15, 2005 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri

First a strike, then bankruptcy, and now spinzels are back? What's next, getting punched in the face as I hand over my BP? :rolleyes: :p

peace,
~Ben~ <---(Not a spinzel lover - thinks they taste like there are strange chemicals in 'em)

LucWise Sep 15, 2005 9:45 pm

Spinzel's never left FC... and I've flown a couple coach segments the last couple days and no spinzels anywhere to be seen.

radio-flyer Sep 15, 2005 10:55 pm

Spintzels still on airlink flights

I could be wrong, but Spintzels never left the NW airlink flights. It was just on the parent airline, and only in coach. There have been Spintzels galore in FC. Hey, they taste buttery, but there's no butter in them! :)

xliioper Sep 19, 2005 9:56 pm

Had Pretzel Minis on Pinnacle today

Was served two bags of Pretzel Minis today on a Pinnacle flight (along with a full can of Diet Pepsi). Same brand as the Spinzels (Great Harvest), but without that fake buttery goodness. So much for the theory that are just serving the Spinzels until they run out.

Mateo4321 Sep 20, 2005 3:56 pm

I tried them yesterday, and 3 bags later I finally stopped eating them :cool:

socrates Sep 21, 2005 6:53 am

No Spinzel's on any of my flights in the past 2 days (4 flights connecting in MSP)