Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Cut apart On Line Check-In Boarding passes?

Old Jul 26, 2005, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold

When you print boarding passes for a flights on NWA.com which involve multiple segments, two boarding passes print per page. This may be a dumb question but should we cut them apart or is it not a problem for the GA to scan the individual boarding passes even though there are two to a page. TIA
Old Jul 26, 2005, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM, Marriott Plat, SPG gold, Hilton Gold,Avis PS
Just did it this weekend. All on one page, they scan them separately.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It turns out the bar code is identical on all the BPs. I mentioned this to a GA as I was boarding ('cuz the connection coupon got smudged). She scanned it and it worked just fine.

She kind of stared at it for a bit and said, "I didn't know that!"
Old Jul 26, 2005, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BigLar
It turns out the bar code is identical on all the BPs. I mentioned this to a GA as I was boarding ('cuz the connection coupon got smudged). She scanned it and it worked just fine.

She kind of stared at it for a bit and said, "I didn't know that!"
I didn't either!
Old Jul 26, 2005, 6:08 pm

interesting!
Old Jul 26, 2005, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
I've noticed they sometimes scan and return and sometimes they actually keep the lower portion. Why the difference?
Dave
Old Jul 26, 2005, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bangkok Dave
I've noticed they sometimes scan and return and sometimes they actually keep the lower portion. Why the difference?
Dave
My experience has been that GAs for mainline flights scan and return, while partner GAs (Mesaba/Pinnacle, CoEx at some airports) keep them.

My last experience with CoEx GAs did not include their retention of that segment's BP, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.