Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about bringing medication to Sweden

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Question about bringing medication to Sweden

Trying to help my mom navigate travel with her medications and I was hoping someone could help me out with this. She has several none narcotic medications but none of the original bottles. It seems like this site means she can just get a note listing her meds from her DR and be fine. Am I reading that correctly? It just seems odd that she could bring in a random assortment of pills and a DR note that says "She is taking the following X pills". They'll just assume the pills are what the note says they are?
http://www.tullverket.se/en/private/...fe9e75b38.html

Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Aren't most medicine pills stamped with the product name?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I'm not sure. She was close to needing refills so she just got refills and will bring the original bottles with her
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Very few are. There is something called the PDR, though, that has photos/descriptions of thousands of pills.

but I've never been stopped or questioned about bringing pills into a country, despite never having the original bottle. (I take 4 different medicines daily and just combine them in one bottle or baggy.) How many pills is she bringing? 10? 200?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Lots of generics are indeed not stamped with product name on each of the pills/tablets. Branded drugs are more likely to have the product name stamped on them, but even that isn't all that given.

Originally Posted by Exterous
Trying to help my mom navigate travel with her medications and I was hoping someone could help me out with this. She has several none narcotic medications but none of the original bottles. It seems like this site means she can just get a note listing her meds from her DR and be fine. Am I reading that correctly? It just seems odd that she could bring in a random assortment of pills and a DR note that says "She is taking the following X pills". They'll just assume the pills are what the note says they are?
http://www.tullverket.se/en/private/...fe9e75b38.html

Thanks!
Unless her medication is going to alert one of the customs' dogs used for narcotics detection or she appears to be relatively young and non-"white", I seriously doubt that there is any significant chance of the Swedish customs authorities giving her a problem over prescription medicine in a multi-pill pillbox as long as she is not transporting more than several weeks of medicine. My acquaintances in Tull have confirmed basically the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.