Öresund runt ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 3:22 am
:D!
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Öresund runt ticket

Am planning to do this round trip with my wife when she comes along on one of my future visits to the CPH-area. I haven't used this ticket before.

I notice that the price from the Copenhagen Visitor Centre is now DKK 249 (previously DKK 199) while the price on Skånetrafiken website is still SEK 249. I wonder if the SEK price might have also gone up without being updated online?

Even if there is now a currency disparity, it still wouldn't make sense to pay for a bridge crossing just to buy the ticket, unless you are starting in one country and ending in another.

Besides that, I have 2 questions if anyone knows:

- can I buy the ticket with a validity date 1 month in the future? I am shortly going to Copenhagen again on my own, so if possible I could buy the ticket in advance. Then when I next go with my wife, we can head straight to Malmö from CPH without needing to waste time and money getting to the Visitor Centre first

- are there any directional restrictions on land? Proposed itinerary is to do Sweden on day 1 (bridge in morning and ferry to Helsingør in evening), stay in Copenhagen, then north Zealand on day 2. This would involve train to or from Helsingør at least 3 times. Is this OK?
Old May 29, 2017, 3:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by :D!
Am planning to do this round trip with my wife when she comes along on one of my future visits to the CPH-area. I haven't used this ticket before.

I notice that the price from the Copenhagen Visitor Centre is now DKK 249 (previously DKK 199) while the price on Skånetrafiken website is still SEK 249. I wonder if the SEK price might have also gone up without being updated online?

Even if there is now a currency disparity, it still wouldn't make sense to pay for a bridge crossing just to buy the ticket, unless you are starting in one country and ending in another.

Besides that, I have 2 questions if anyone knows:

- can I buy the ticket with a validity date 1 month in the future? I am shortly going to Copenhagen again on my own, so if possible I could buy the ticket in advance. Then when I next go with my wife, we can head straight to Malmö from CPH without needing to waste time and money getting to the Visitor Centre first

- are there any directional restrictions on land? Proposed itinerary is to do Sweden on day 1 (bridge in morning and ferry to Helsingør in evening), stay in Copenhagen, then north Zealand on day 2. This would involve train to or from Helsingør at least 3 times. Is this OK?
It's still 249 SEK, at least it was this past weekend. "'Future' validity dates" are possible. I think they may have some option to mail out or electronically deliver the Around the Sound tickets, but I'm not sure about that. I am back near a Skanetrafiken office tomorrow, so I'll see if I have time to drop in and find out for you.

No directional limits for the use in either country, as long as it doesn't involve the actual crossing of the water by ferry or by bridge. You can spend all day (or both days) going back and forth between Helsingor and Copenhagen or between Malmo and Helsingborg if that strikes your fancy on these tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.