Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Most common direction of landing at Kastrup AIrport, Copenhagen

Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes

Can anyone tell me what is the most common landing direction at Kastrup Airport in Copenhagen, Denmark?

Is it landing to the Northeast (Copenhagen city on LEFT of aircraft) or is it landing to the Southwest (Copenhagen city on the RIGHT of aircraft)?

What influences the direction? Just wind?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:58 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
It's most common (IME) to by-pass Copenhagen entirely, and land from the east over the Oresund. Aircraft from the west do a loop over Scania. While you don't see the city, you do get great views of the Oresund and its bridge.

I would imagine wind is the biggest influence (given its intensity round there!)
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Thanks stut. THat's what I suspected....
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:02 pm

If you want to have a great view on the bridge and are coming from south you should go for a window seat on the left - the view on the bridge is quite amazing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.