Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

What's best lounge in Stockholm Arlanda?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Have a six hour layover in Arlanda. Do to first class, Plat Amex etc. I have my pick of every single lounge at this airport.

Therefore I was wondering which lounge was best? Best food, no crowds etc.

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
If you don't get any replies here, ask for the thread to be moved to the SAS Eurobonus Forum - that's where the 'airport experts' live.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:49 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Which airline are you flying? ARN is SK land, and according to AmEx' lounge finder Your card doesn't give you access to the SK lounges, they are Star Alliance only.

(At OSL AmEx Plat alone doesn't give you access to any lounge, according to the lounge finder)
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:26 pm

There's now an Amex Platinum lounge at Arlanda Terminal 5. Small (max 40pax or so), but good food.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:27 am

I'm a bit confused. EK is the only airline that offers first class from Arlanda. If you're flying EK first class, you have access to the Stockholm Arlanda Lounge after passport control in the F-pier. Your Amex gives you access to Amex Lounge by Pontus, which is really only a secluded part of the Pontus in the Air restaurant. The Amex/Pontus probably has the best food of all lounges at Arlanda, but it's also the least spacious and least private.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RedChili
I'm a bit confused. EK is the only airline that offers first class from Arlanda. If you're flying EK first class, you have access to the Stockholm Arlanda Lounge after passport control in the F-pier. Your Amex gives you access to Amex Lounge by Pontus, which is really only a secluded part of the Pontus in the Air restaurant. The Amex/Pontus probably has the best food of all lounges at Arlanda, but it's also the least spacious and least private.
The Stockholm-Arlanda Lounge is a Priority Pass lounge, and the Amex Platinum card comes with Prioirty Pass membership -- at least mine does.

The Pontus access is not part of Priority Pass.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
We are flying J class ARN-SFO in August. We are Star Alliance gold and have both AMEX platinum and Priority Pass. Our flight is mid morning. I would appreciate any lounge suggestions as none of us have flown from Stockholm. As always, thanks!
richele likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by CalRef
We are flying J class ARN-SFO in August. We are Star Alliance gold and have both AMEX platinum and Priority Pass. Our flight is mid morning. I would appreciate any lounge suggestions as none of us have flown from Stockholm. As always, thanks!
Which airline/terminal? If you’re flying from T5, I think Amex Platinum lounge run by “Pontus in the air” is quite nice. It’s small though, if that matters to you.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CalRef
I would just go to Pontus in the Air when the lounge is convenient to the departure gate. It’s better in most ways than the other options at ARN.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I would just go to Pontus in the Air when the lounge is convenient to the departure gate. It’s better in most ways than the other options at ARN.
Pontus has best food but it is so small that after dessert and coffee, I usually go to some other lounge with more newspapers, tv and alcohol. 😊
Old May 22, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: UA GS (2MM), Marriott Ambassador Elite
American Lounge by Pontus is the best lounge at ARN

The title says it all. Small, cozy, decent food and drinks. It's a find.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Can the Pontus lounge be accessed on arrival? I can’t find any details as to whether they ask for a same day boarding pass.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by FlyingCow
Can the Pontus lounge be accessed on arrival? I can’t find any details as to whether they ask for a same day boarding pass.
You only show your eligible Amex card to the waiter / waitress.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by tsastor
I have used it on arrival. They only care if you have the Amex, never been asked for BP.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tsastor
That’s not been generally true for at least the latter half of this year. They ask for the Amex Plat/Centurion cards and a same-day boarding pass, at least very often.

I have used the Pontus facility on arrival — it’s my main use of the lounge — but they now always ask me for a boarding pass for info to to scan/load into their system beyond just asking for the Amex Plt/Cent cards (as used to be their habit).

Out of my last twelve visits to the facility, I’ve been asked for the boarding pass each and every time. Of those visits, most were on days when I only had a same-day arrival into ARN but no same-day departure out of ARN.

Of the access requirements listed by Amex for this facility, the only one of the three requirements they don’t ask for in my experience is the one about ID.

One negative thing about the Pontus in the Air lounge — and one not to be encountered at the other Arlanda lounges — is that you cannot get your own beverages and have to wait to be served even for regular water. So if you want a quick glass of water or anything else to drink, you may find Pontus in the Air is too slow with its service whether or not the lounge is busy.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 20, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.