Kronborg castle on Dec 24 & 25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kronborg castle on Dec 24 & 25

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Helosc, you advice was very helpful as we enjoyed seeing kronborg today and then up to Helsingborg castle remains. The views from the ferry were amazing. Thank you !
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Glad you had a nice day ( despite the weather not being too good, view-wise ).
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
This is an informative thread. It will help with our upcoming trip in 2018. I can't seem to figure out what the orange ticket is. Is it an early buy discount?

dhammer53
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dhammer53
This is an informative thread. It will help with our upcoming trip in 2018. I can't seem to figure out what the orange ticket is. Is it an early buy discount?

dhammer53
Are some student "rejsekort" cards orange?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Are you talking about a train ticket?

If so, yes, it is a discounted non-changeable non-refundable train ticket for outside rush hours: https://www2.dsb.dk/en/netbutik-faq/...r-/dsb-orange/

Except that English FAQ is out of date, the Danish text says that you can get Orange tickets for the quiet zone of the train, and also first class (but you cannot upgrade a ticket to first, you must buy a first class orange ticket in the first place). There seems to be no up-to-date English text describing the Orange fares. Tut tut, DSB, get your website interns to work a bit more.

However, go to https://www.dsb.dk/en/ and enter your cities to travel between, tick "show me orange tickets", look for the low prices. You may have to click the v arrow to show more tickets if you want a really cheap fare but don't mind when you travel on the day. Choose "quiet zone" if you want that on the next page of the booking process. You can see how you are offered standard or first class, quiet or normal zones during the booking process.

The Orange tickets are mostly for intercity routes across the Great Belt, not for regional routes in Zealand.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by flatlander
Are you talking about a train ticket?

If so, yes, it is a discounted non-changeable non-refundable train ticket for outside rush hours: https://www2.dsb.dk/en/netbutik-faq/...r-/dsb-orange/

Except that English FAQ is out of date, the Danish text says that you can get Orange tickets for the quiet zone of the train, and also first class (but you cannot upgrade a ticket to first, you must buy a first class orange ticket in the first place). There seems to be no up-to-date English text describing the Orange fares. Tut tut, DSB, get your website interns to work a bit more.

However, go to https://www.dsb.dk/en/ and enter your cities to travel between, tick "show me orange tickets", look for the low prices. You may have to click the v arrow to show more tickets if you want a really cheap fare but don't mind when you travel on the day. Choose "quiet zone" if you want that on the next page of the booking process. You can see how you are offered standard or first class, quiet or normal zones during the booking process.

The Orange tickets are mostly for intercity routes across the Great Belt, not for regional routes in Zealand.
Thank you flatlander.

I was born in Brooklyn NY. This area is Dutch oriented. I lived in one of the 7 original towns, called Flatlands. Your screen name brings a smile to my face.

CC: canarsie - who will get a kick out of this fact.

dh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.