Iceland spa recommendations-urgent

Subscribe
Added Iceland to the itinerary for a trip that starts this Thursday to Norway. I was booking a spa called "Blue Lagoon" but was working from wrong month and just found out they are booked for this coming Sunday night and Monday night the 16th and 17th of September.
But my wife got pretty excited and interested in such a natural and geothermal spa experience.
It looks like Lake Mývatn offers something like that, but I am having a hard time figuring it out online.
Any recommendations for a great spa experience for a couple of days in Iceland?
I would personally highly recommend Blue Lagoon... First class facilities. At morning time when you dip into the hot water, just watch the sky changing its colour from pink to purple to blue.

Then get a underwater massage and move to the Lava restaurant.

Definetely want to go again!
The blue lagoon is a must, you can go there for a couple of hours. There are tours driving you there from the airport and drop you off at the hotel when you are done.
Quote: The blue lagoon is a must, you can go there for a couple of hours. There are tours driving you there from the airport and drop you off at the hotel when you are done.
The Blue Lagoon hotel? They are booked. I cannot seem to find any other hotels near Blue Lagoon. It does seem like the place to go in Iceland though. We fly in to KEF at 16:50 so probably need to find a place to stay between the airport and Blue Lagoon and then hit it for a half day the next day.
Quote: The Blue Lagoon hotel? They are booked. I cannot seem to find any other hotels near Blue Lagoon. It does seem like the place to go in Iceland though. We fly in to KEF at 16:50 so probably need to find a place to stay between the airport and Blue Lagoon and then hit it for a half day the next day.
Nope, we went on a tour where there is a guide pick us up at the hotel at around that time, and then you'll have a couple of hours at the Blue Lagoon. After that he will drop you off at any hotel at Reykjavik.

Here's the details:
http://www.re.is/DayTours/Details/Ar...e-Lagoon-1700/
Quote: Nope, we went on a tour where there is a guide pick us up at the hotel at around that time, and then you'll have a couple of hours at the Blue Lagoon. After that he will drop you off at any hotel at Reykjavik.

Here's the details:
http://www.re.is/DayTours/Details/Ar...e-Lagoon-1700/
I ended up visiting Blue Lagoon midday for half a day. Used the VIP service level and also got massages in the water. Pretty incredible place. The water itself does things to your skin and there are scrubs available which we did. Also used the "wade up to " in the water bar for a smoothie. My wife got a tip to fill hair with conditioner to avoid having the water leave to many deposits on it.
All in all, great place.
I was there for a meeting and then a conference and at the conference learned that it is pretty darn easy to arrange for a bus to take you to Blue Lagoon on the way to the airport and then pick you up and take you to the airport. A colleague did just that and found it easy.
I guess this is too late for the OP, but I would have recommended the Northern Lights Inn in Grindavik. The Blue Lagoon is not to be missed, great, great experience. I also like the public pools in Reykajvik, but not sure how far into the fall they are open.
Anyone made a reservation for a SPA treatment at the Blue Lagoon before? I send them an email a few days ago, but have not heard back from them.
I've visited both the Blue Lagoon and Myvatn Mineral Baths.

Blue Lagoon is without doubt the classier of the two ... great changing rooms, café, shop etc. Myvatn has a much more gravelly floor which didn't help my foot problems ... and the silica mud at the Blue Lagoon was like heaven to them! Blue Lagoon is larger and has much more 'usable space'.

Whilst Myvatn is simpler, I didn't really appreciate the experience as much ... but then I don't get much opportunity to go to this type of spa at home!

Go to the Blue Lagoon. I don't think you'll regret it.