Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Torp Airport to Trysil

Torp Airport to Trysil

Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Torp Airport to Trysil

I have just screwed up a flight booking, flying into Torp Sandefjord instead of OSL on KLM. We are going skiing in Trysil. Whilst there is a direct bus from OSL, there's (of course) nothing like that from Torp.

Found out that one solution is to catch a bus from Torp to Oslo busstation and then the bus to Trysil, or a train from Torp to Elverum and then again a bus to Trysil. Does anybody have other suggestions or ideas how to make this trip? What would be the best option?

We'll be arriving at noon and should get to Trysil by "nighttime", so we have plenty of time, and would like to take the most "comfortable" option - having two pair of skis etc. with us...

Thank you!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:42 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
I'm sorry to hear you booked the wrong airport! The bus station and central train station are next to each other in Oslo, so you can take the bus to Oslo and the train onwards, and vice-versa.

When is your trip?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-S8000/S8000XXIG3 SHP/VPP/R5 Jasmine/1.0 Nextreaming SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Originally Posted by AHN
I'm sorry to hear you booked the wrong airport! The bus station and central train station are next to each other in Oslo, so you can take the bus to Oslo and the train onwards, and vice-versa.

When is your trip?
Going in early march. Got the airport wrong on the way in, but flying out of the right one. I guess it just adds three hours to the trip and some ski schlepping, but we'll survive.Good to know ways are short in oslo. Thanks!

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Dec 7, 2010 at 1:12 am
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: SK*Gold
I think bus to Oslo, then the bus to Trysil wil be the most comfortable option. If you take the train from Torp, you will need to take a shuttle bus to the train station. Though the bus station is next to the train station in Oslo, it will still be about a 5 minute walk from where your train pulls in to the bus station, with some ramps and a brief bit outdoors.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Several car rentals agencies at Torp, but expensive. But if you are several people, and maybe even have some discount rates it might make sense.

Full price train/bus tickets are expensive as well.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelkid
Several car rentals agencies at Torp, but expensive. But if you are several people, and maybe even have some discount rates it might make sense.

Full price train/bus tickets are expensive as well.
How is your life as RA?

I thought about renting a car, but there's no agency in Trysil, and it just doesn't make any sense to keep the car sitting around in the parking lot in Trysil for a week. Will go by bus-bus like suggested by Amexpat, thanks!
Are there advance purchase bus tickets? Trysilekspressen and the Torp airport bus just list regular fares (which are -however- still less expensive than a rental car for a week). We are just two (the other couple was smart enough to book the right airport...). All in all, the trip to Norway costs less than a week in the Alps, though
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:49 pm

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
How is your life as RA?
Are there advance purchase bus tickets? Trysilekspressen and the Torp airport bus just list regular fares (which are -however- still less expensive than a rental car for a week). We are just two (the other couple was smart enough to book the right airport...). All in all, the trip to Norway costs less than a week in the Alps, though
You'll see the Torp airport bus when you come out of the terminal. You buy the ticket from the driver, no need to advance book.

I looked at the Trysilekspressen website and they say that they won't add an extra bus if the scheduled one is full, so you may want to call them at +47 48 16 69 00 to either advance book, or to find out if the bus is likely to be full for your departure.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Amexpat
You'll see the Torp airport bus when you come out of the terminal. You buy the ticket from the driver, no need to advance book.

I looked at the Trysilekspressen website and they say that they won't add an extra bus if the scheduled one is full, so you may want to call them at +47 48 16 69 00 to either advance book, or to find out if the bus is likely to be full for your departure.
Thanks for pointing this out, will do. Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 3:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
How is your life as RA?

All in all, the trip to Norway costs less than a week in the Alps, though
RA is great However hard to benefit fully having multiple top tiers.

On the second note it all depends how much you will drink.....

Theres only one rental company in Trysil and they dont seem to partner with anyone.
http://www.trysilbil.no/bilutleie.php

Let me know closer to departure by PM as I regularly drive between Torp area and Oslo.

Freezing cold here. Arrived from 30+ to 20- and frozen car yesterday

Well, well, Maldives on PBs next week^
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:03 pm
Suspended

When do you need airport pick-up? March is here^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.