Wiki Posts
Search

Scandinavian Expats Forum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Scandinavian Expats Forum

Looking for a forum or website where Scandinavian backpackers or SCandinavian expats intract with each other, share their travails and security concerns. Anyone?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:36 pm

By "Scandinavian", do you mean Scandinavians travelling/working elsewhere in the world, or other people travelling/working in Scandinavia?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:22 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jpatokal
By "Scandinavian", do you mean Scandinavians travelling/working elsewhere in the world, or other people travelling/working in Scandinavia?
Erm ... by "expats", doesn't he specify the former?

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:53 am

"Scandinavian expat" can be parsed as an "expatriate [originally] from Scandinavia" or "expatriate [from somewhere else now living] in Scandinavia", hence the question.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 4:39 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jpatokal
"Scandinavian expat" can be parsed as an "expatriate [originally] from Scandinavia" or "expatriate [from somewhere else now living] in Scandinavia", hence the question.
No, your second reading does not compute. I have been an expat for over 20 years, working in an industry that is primarily served by expats, worldwide. At no time did I or any of my colleagues think of ourselves as expats of the country where we were working. 'Chinese expats' for westerners working in China? Not a chance.

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 14, 2011, 12:53 am

Guess what the biggest forum for expats in Singapore is called? Singapore Expats. Now obviously a "Singapore expat" and a "Singaporean expat" are not necessarily the same thing, and as you say you'd expect the latter to refer to the expat-from form, but it's a pretty subtle difference. But I guess we'll just have to keep splitting grammatical hairs until the OP deigns to enlighten us...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.