3-day RT trips from/back to Copenhagen?

Subscribe
Hi all,

[Note: I checked the threads but couldn't find anything current to inform me.]

I'm on a business trip to Copenhagen next month, and to make a long story short, I have a Saturday-Tuesday period free.

What mini 3-day trip would you guys recommend for this time of the year? I'm not exactly on a budget but cheaper is better, and shorter flights are better. I'm the kind of guy that prefers exploring and coming back to rest my head on a pillow in a clean hotel room, over just setting up in an opulent hotel suite. I'm SPG Gold and HHonors Diamond. I'm not a big museum fan, but I'll do walking tours, or a sculpture park... and I'm a bit of a foodie I suppose.

Currently, according to skyscanner.net, the cheapest RT flights are as follows:

Aarhus (Denmark), $94
Berlin, $109
Stockholm, $143
Oslo, $148
Tallinn (Estonia), $230
Vienna, $204 (indirect)
Budapest, $205 (indirect)

I have not been to any of those places, and suspect that Berlin should be the frontrunner here? I omitted London, Amsterdam, Paris, Milan, Barcelona, Brussels, and Prague because I have been to those places already (currently living in AMS).

Or maybe I should hop on a ship and take a fjord cruise? Any thoughts welcomed!

-cmhsieh54
I would probably pick Stockholm. Flight is a really short haul and that will maximize your time in the city, and the Sheraton Stockholm is a really nice, well situated hotel.
The Vasa Museet is unique and fascinating even for a non-museum goer.
Depending on the date of travel, you might also find Christmas markets.
Food in Stockholm was a pleasant surprise for me
What's so bad about Copenhagen that you want to get away from it?

There is plenty to see in Copenhagen itself. There is plenty to see within a short drive or train ride of Copenhagen. Why not make the most of your time in Denmark and actually get to know Denmark?
Yes, Stockholm would be a nice choice if you really must get away from Copenhagen.

But, come to think of it, if you love a good adventure and can find a flight to Helsinki for a good price, why not go there and catch the ferry to Stockholm from Helsinki. That way you get Stockholm and your cruise in! Then you can just fly back from Stockholm. The cruise, I believe, is an overnighter (although about €150 one way, so not cheap... but fun).
Another option is to fly from CPH to/from HEL, and while in HEL, take a same-day trip to Tallinn (about 4 hours in the Estonian capital).
Thanks, everyone! After weighing the options, I booked the flight to Stockholm earlier today, and will stay there for those 3 days between Saturday-Tuesday (Noon).

@Aviatrix: The following Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday I will have free to roam around CPH all-day without business obligations.

Cheers,
-cmhsieh54
Enjoy, cmhsieh54! It will be interesting to compare the two cities, which are surprisingly different in some respects. Both are beautiful, and both are very Scandinavian, but where Copenhagen is cosy and gemütlich (to use a word from the wrong language), Stockholm is grand and stately. Couriously, though, I also find Copenhagen more "international". It'd be interesting to hear your thoughts.