Cheapish OSL hotels near Central Station?

Subscribe
Or rather: Are there any OSL hotels near the Central Train station that costs less than NOK 1000 a night?

I am coming in from Bergen by train, and staying overnight before taking morning train to Copenhagen.

Thx
If you could go up to NOK 1480 (weekday Web rate for a single), the Thon Opera is immediately adjacent to the Station. You exit the station via the doors that face the new Opera House, and the Thon is right there:

http://www.thonhotels.com/Hotels/Cou...n-Hotel-Opera/

(Free wi-fi might help to mitigate the cost)
Yeeks. Its a tad higher than my budget will allow... but I went to the Thon website and booked the Thon Spectrum instead at NOK 1045 flex rate.
Quote: Yeeks. Its a tad higher than my budget will allow... but I went to the Thon website and booked the Thon Spectrum instead at NOK 1045 flex rate.
^ - be sure to sign up for the Thon Member program, if you are not already a member. They give a generous points bonus upon joining.
How picky are you?

Anker Hostel will do what you ask for significantly less, and you can get a private room and private bathroom. Even with the fees for sheets and towels and breakfast, you`ll come out ahead. It`s not luxurious, but I can`t say I suffered staying in this clean, bright place.
www.ankerhostel.no

Best Western Anker, in the same complex, is probably also cheaper. (Actually, it seems it`s just called Anker Hotel now.) I did not stay here.
http://www.anker-hotel.no
Another useful bit of knowledge is that Norwegian hotel prices in the bigger cities drop markedly on Friday & Saturday nights as the Businessmen leave town.
I've been juggling dates for Oslo for 4 years to ensure I can afford the Opera Hotel which I regard as the best in Norway for the train traveller.
Perfect location, efficient friendly staff, a superb breakfast and every amenity you could desire.
But it's pretty dear Sunday through Thursday nights.

Dave
The Thon Astoria is an old reliable just a few blocks from the train station. On the more modest end of the Thon chain though it looks like they've refurbished since I last stayed there a few years ago.

I also see that Scandic is running a summer sale, which might help you. There's a booking deadline, possibly April 29? Check the Other Hotel Plans forum.
Haven't stayed but the Comfort Hotel Grand Central Oslo looks beautiful, a design hotel.

It's direct at the Central Station and within a few meters of the Opera House too.